Home

You have $15 to make a NBA All Time starting line up

This is a discussion on You have $15 to make a NBA All Time starting line up within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #81
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: You have $15 to make a NBA All Time starting line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Some of these power forward/center pairings wouldn't be functional. You want to run high screen/rolls with Karl Malone? OK, but what is Shaq's function on that sequence?
I would probably run the offense around Shaq more than Karl Malone since I believe Shaq would be the more effective and dominate player if you centered your offense around his talents. Maybe you could run the famous triangle offense with Shaq but that diminishes Malone's ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #82
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Some of these power forward/center pairings wouldn't be functional. You want to run high screen/rolls with Karl Malone? OK, but what is Shaq's function on that sequence?
That's why I took Dirk to put next to Wilt because he could space the floor and they have synergy. I think Dirk and KG are the best choices of the group if you pick anybody other than russell because everyone else is a low post guy and for the purpose of floor spacing it's much more useful to have Dirk and KG who can shoot it out to the long two (or even the three with dirk).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufsports
Holy crap! You guys inspired me to Wikipedia Wilt, and his career sounds incredible I think he has a place in the GOAT argument now
He's absolutely number 2 on my list, followed closely by Russell. My top 5 is Jordan and the top 4 centers (Wilt, Russell, Kareem, and Hakeem) though if someone said Wilt was ahead of MJ I wouldn't question it, because a strong case could be made.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #83
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

PG: Magic
SG: Jordan
SF: Pippen
PF: Dirk
C: Shaq

beauty.

Last edited by BluFu; 06-21-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 7

Magic
Jordan
Pippen
Duncan
Olajuwon
Old 06-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 2

Frazier/Jordan/James/Duncan/Olajuwon is the best combo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #86
Rookie

Bradster224's Arena

OVR: 0

Finally, people who recognise Wilt's dominance. I told my friends a year ago (15 years old) that Wilt and Bill Russell are top 5 players of all time and could make statements for GOAT. They laughed in my face and said I was stupid. People gotta read up on NBA history..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#17 for Kobe
Old 06-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
I would probably run the offense around Shaq more than Karl Malone since I believe Shaq would be the more effective and dominate player if you centered your offense around his talents. Maybe you could run the famous triangle offense with Shaq but that diminishes Malone's ability.
You saw Karl Malone in the triangle in 04 and he had no idea what he was doing. He played the high post and usually just looked at the basket and fired away.

Too many of these lineups are loaded with primary scorers and are short on role players. You need the Scottie Pippen and Bill Russell type players who can dominate without the ball.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #88
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
You saw Karl Malone in the triangle in 04 and he had no idea what he was doing. He played the high post and usually just looked at the basket and fired away.

Too many of these lineups are loaded with primary scorers and are short on role players. You need the Scottie Pippen and Bill Russell type players who can dominate without the ball.
Yeah, Malone and Payton didn't look good at all in the Triangle that season. But I do think that a guy like Karl Malone would be viable in the Triangle offense if he worked with it for more than a year. I feel his role in the Pick-and-Roll offense as the role man proves he could be successful working off the ball.

Payton on the other hand would take sometime to get adjusted to it. He's always been the center of the offense for all teams he has played for and playing off the ball would be foreign to him

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »