Home

Old 02-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: ESPN Top 100 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgthedon
Curry is already top 10 IMO
Oh my goodness not again. That is blasphemous.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2016, 12:25 AM   #58
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Current top 20 players in the NBA: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...r-rankings-nba
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #59
Rookie

Mikey3148's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Really like the list even though I think Kawhi and Russ should be switched and Cousins is a bit under ranked on the list. His reasoning behind him being 11 is logical though if you guys listened to the podcast. Still think he is top 10 IMO
Old 03-03-2016, 12:37 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

I know Steph is killing it this season, but I would still rather have LeBron and KD first and second. Right now that might sound silly, but I'm holding out until the playoffs are here to make my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2016, 12:47 AM   #61
Rookie

Mikey3148's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I know Steph is killing it this season, but I would still rather have LeBron and KD first and second. Right now that might sound silly, but I'm holding out until the playoffs are here to make my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Respectable. Both play much better defense and LBJ is still impossible to guard down in the post. Guys having one if his worst shooting year ever and is still getting 24/7/6 shooting 50%. And KD is virtually impossible to guard. Me personally I'd go Curry 1 but that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 01:10 AM   #62
Rookie

All LeBron haters to me always make me laugh. The man can single-handedly lead maybe any one of the 30 current NBA teams to the Finals, but gets knocked for losing, and having a career 2-3 record in the Finals. I'll admit he had an awful performance in 2011 against Dallas, especially in crunch time, but let's look at the others:

2007: Leads the Cavs to the Finals against San Antonio and their Big 3 all in their prime at 23 years old in only his 5th year with not much to work with.

2012: Completely dominated a young Kevin Durant and OKC team averaging 28.6 ppg, 10.2 rpg, and 7.4 apg, shooting 47%.

2013: Goes back-to-back as he averaged 25.3 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 7 apg, 2.3 blocks and a steal per game. And yes, you can say he got lucky with that Ray Allen 3, but he still lead them back from 10 down to get in that position. He also had 37 points (5/5 from 3) in Game 7, and the game sealing basket, hitting a deep, pull-up 2 with under 30 seconds left.

2014: Loses to San Antonio badly in 5 games, but still put up 28.2 ppg, 7.8 rpg, and 4 apg. If you watched this series then there's no denying his team didn't do much at all to help, as they got easily out-rebounded and had terrible bench play.

2015: One of the best Finals performances we'll ever see like it or not. Against one of the better teams we'll see ever because of how unique they were with their ball movement + 3 point skills, LBJ averaged 35.8 ppg, 13.3 rpg, and 8.8 apg. Yes, he had the ball in his hands for most of the shot clock, but still managed to win two games without Kyrie and Love. You can call it stat inflation, but you can't say anything about his leadership skills. How many guys could've even won 1 game (especially in Oracle Arena) with Delly, Shumpert/JR, Mozgov, and Thompson.

Obviously Michael Jordan is the best ever, but to say someone like Tim Duncan is better than LeBron ticks me off. LeBron never got to play for one of these HOF coaches and play in a good system. But this is all my opinion which doesn't really matter.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:18 AM   #63
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

As the list is on current form doesn't it simply make it a mock MVP list? Pretty pointless if you ask me. Can you compare Westbrook with Dame anyway? How would they fair on the other's team? It's a team game so most of the time comparisons are bull. LBJ is a better SF than Curry, Curry is a better PG than LBJ.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkonkinkreet
As the list is on current form doesn't it simply make it a mock MVP list? Pretty pointless if you ask me. Can you compare Westbrook with Dame anyway? How would they fair on the other's team? It's a team game so most of the time comparisons are bull. LBJ is a better SF than Curry, Curry is a better PG than LBJ.
LeBron actually might be a better pg than Curry. His passing and court vision are insane, and people forget that. Look at his assist average, it's the same as Steph's.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Last edited by richard2001; 03-03-2016 at 08:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »