Home

The Official Big3 League Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Big3 League Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2017, 05:59 PM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The Official Big3 League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Yeah 15 first game. After that it's 11 where I play.

But I know that's too short for this.

I like the best 2 of 3 idea.

I prefer less points to win because it makes it more intense. But that's me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
You sure you're not talking 1's and 2's instead of 2's and 3's?

A game of 2's and 3's (with a 4 point shot too) to 11 would be a commercial break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 06:33 PM   #66
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You sure you're not talking 1's and 2's instead of 2's and 3's?

A game of 2's and 3's (with a 4 point shot too) to 11 would be a commercial break.
Definitely 1s and 2s. This is 3 on 3!

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-29-2017, 10:43 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

They did decrease it to first to 50 starting this week in charlotte

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Definitely 1s and 2s. This is 3 on 3!

Yeah see, that's the problem lol. 3 on 3 doesn't matter. You should either be playing all 1's or 2's and 3's. Playing to 11 by 1's may seem harder but the math doesn't add up... a 3 point shot being worth double any other shot just doesn't make sense. And that's talking about us hackers on the play ground. Even these retired guys can hit open 3's like they're 10 footers and you want to give them twice as many points for it?
Old 06-29-2017, 04:38 PM   #69
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Yeah see, that's the problem lol. 3 on 3 doesn't matter. You should either be playing all 1's or 2's and 3's. Playing to 11 by 1's may seem harder but the math doesn't add up... a 3 point shot being worth double any other shot just doesn't make sense. And that's talking about us hackers on the play ground. Even these retired guys can hit open 3's like they're 10 footers and you want to give them twice as many points for it?
I don't want 3s and 4s though. Should be 1s and 2s. And play till 21 is what I proposed.

That's still at least 11 buckets. Best 2 out of 3.

But I've only seen some of it so it likely doesn't make sense in this format.

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-29-2017, 05:00 PM   #70
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I don't want 3s and 4s though. Should be 1s and 2s. And play till 21 is what I proposed.

That's still at least 11 buckets. Best 2 out of 3.

But I've only seen some of it so it likely doesn't make sense in this format.

But it's not 3's and 4's lol. It's 2's and 3's like organized basketball always have been (since the 3 point line... still 2's before that).

Playing to 21 by 1's is no different than playing to 42 by 2's. The difference in your proposal is you're literally giving twice as many points for a shot that isn't that difficult (3 pointer).

I don't care about the gimmicky 4 pointer. If that starts getting used a lot that'd be a turn off. But just logically, I don't see any reason anyone should ever play 1's and 2's. I can see just 1's to 11 with ignoring of the 3 point line, but could never wrap my head around giving a 3 point shot more weight.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #71
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
But it's not 3's and 4's lol. It's 2's and 3's like organized basketball always have been (since the 3 point line... still 2's before that).

Playing to 21 by 1's is no different than playing to 42 by 2's. The difference in your proposal is you're literally giving twice as many points for a shot that isn't that difficult (3 pointer).

I don't care about the gimmicky 4 pointer. If that starts getting used a lot that'd be a turn off. But just logically, I don't see any reason anyone should ever play 1's and 2's. I can see just 1's to 11 with ignoring of the 3 point line, but could never wrap my head around giving a 3 point shot more weight.
But game is to 60, no? So it's definitely longer.

If it was to 42 with the 2s and 3s, I agree it would be a weird complaint from my end.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 03:36 AM   #72
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I didn't even know about this, but cought a game at the bar and googled it... this is cool as hell, has it been good in practice?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »