Home

2017 Training Camp/Preseason Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2017 Training Camp/Preseason Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2017, 05:20 AM   #65
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2017 Training Camp/Preseason Games Discussion Thread

I think Randle has kind of peaked offensively and him developping a reliable 3pt shot isn't happening any time soon. I think he's going to get moved soon. Been a very undewhelming pre season for the Lakers so far outside of Kuzma playing good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #66
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Who is this guy?

Old 10-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #67
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0

Almost identical to Melo, right down to the passive defence on the next possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #68
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I think Randle has kind of peaked offensively and him developping a reliable 3pt shot isn't happening any time soon. I think he's going to get moved soon. Been a very undewhelming pre season for the Lakers so far outside of Kuzma playing good.

I dont like the Lakers, so I do hope the suck But I actually think Laker fans will see progress this yr, barring injuries that is to key players. Not that I think they will make the playoffs, but I think they will be alot better than the last couple seasons anyway.
That Kyle Kuzma has really impressed me, wish we could have traded PG13 for that kid Lakers management might also wish they wouldnt have bet on getting PG for nothing come offseason too. I still would bet on PG going to Lakers, but if OKC happens to say get to the WCF, and PG and Russ form a good chemistry, I could see PG having a change of heart, and saying Id rather stay on OKC and have a shot at the title rather than go home, or I wouldnt be too surprised if that were the case anyway. I think alot of it will depend on how he gets along with Russ. If Russ does what he always has late in games, and starts jacking up stupid shots, I could see PG say heck with this, as I think that likely led Durant to leave.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #69
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life
Almost identical to Melo, right down to the passive defence on the next possession.

Not enough jab step or pump fake though.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:13 PM   #70
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0

It was a streamlined version.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #71
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life

Beat me to it.

Failed to close out on a shooter. Damn right that's Melo.

Wouldn't want to break a sweat for that next offensive possession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 06:42 PM   #72
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Well damn

Quote:
Charlotte’s road to climbing back in the playoffs in the East just got a lot bumpier.

Nicolas Batum — their solid wing defender and shooter who gave the Hornets 15.1 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 5.9 assists a game last season — is going to miss the first couple months of the season. Shams Charania of The Vertical at Yahoo Sports broke this news first.

Charlotte's Nicolas Batum has suffered a torn ligament in his left elbow and will miss 8-to-12 weeks, league sources tell The Vertical.

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) October 5, 2017

Then the Hornets confirmed the news but tried to spin a shorter timeline. From their statement:

“Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum underwent a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) exam today which revealed a tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow. The injury occurred with 11:26 remaining in the first quarter of Charlotte’s preseason road contest against the Detroit Pistons last night. Treatment options are still being evaluated, but Batum is expected to miss a minimum of six to eight weeks.”

Notice that says a minimum of 6-8 weeks, which makes the 8-12 possible. That 8-12 week timeline would have Batum returning around Christmas or early in 2018, likely out for 20-30+ games.

With Batum out more will fall on rookie Malik Monk, which will be a setback for the Hornets’ defense.

Charlotte missed the playoffs last season and the defense was the reason. Dwight Howard was brought in to help turn that tide, but this injury is a real setback for the Hornets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »