Home

2017-2018 NBA MVP

This is a discussion on 2017-2018 NBA MVP within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: 2017-2018 NBA MVP will be...
James Harden 25 80.65%
LeBron James 4 12.90%
Steph Curry 0 0%
Kevin Durant 0 0%
Other 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: 2017-2018 NBA MVP

Most of the NBA's All Star caliber wing men could put up similar numbers if they were allowed to play with the ball on a string like The Beard does. The way defense is played today makes it just about impossible to contain a highly talented player like Harden one on one.

The predictable nature of Houston's attack will make them a bit vulnerable in the late playoff rounds. The opposing defense will always know where the ball will be positioned and can pre-rotate accordingly.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

I know this is going to come as a shock to a lot of people, but I'm officially on the #LeBron4MVP bandwagon now.

- 33 years old
- Career high in RPG
- Career high in APG
- Most PPG since he was 25 years old
- Played on basically 3 different teams this year and still got 50 wins

Also, **** Harden and his antics. #notmyMVP

/rant

If Harden hadn't got dicked out of 2 MVPs already, I feel like LeBron would win it this year. But Harden is owed a bone or two this year.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #35
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
If Harden hadn't got dicked out of 2 MVPs already, I feel like LeBron would win it this year.
No he wouldn’t.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #36
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't even have Lebron 2 I think that's AD for me. the whole year matters not go in a run in the 2nd half. still the best player in the league but that's not the award.

*quietly whispers why isn't Westbrook getting the same consideration considering what his stat line is? hmm.

Last edited by BleacherBum2310; 04-10-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
I don't even have Lebron 2 I think that's AD for me. the whole year matters not go in a run in the 2nd half. still the best player in the league but that's not the award.

*quietly whispers why isn't Westbrook getting the same consideration considering what his stat line is? hmm.
He's been good the whole year though. He went on a mini-slump by LeBron standards but he still set career-highs in RPG and APG.

Also, apparently LeBron is the new Steph Curry. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...espn:nba:teams
Old 04-10-2018, 11:04 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

LeBron is leading the league in total points, and will lead in points accounted for as well. He averages more assists, rebounds, more blocks, has more total points, rebounds, assists, blocks, a better FG%, 3pt%, eFG%, TS%, has played more minutes, more games, has more double doubles, more triple doubles.

He’s ahead of Harden in value over replacement player, and also ahead in Hollingers “value added” and “wins added”, as well as ESPN rating. More player of the week awards, more player of the month awards.

He’s also proven more valuable to his own team. He leads the Cavs in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, which nobody else in the league has done, or even has to do, obviously. The Cavs lost Kyrie, have had injuries to Thompson, Love, Korver, IT, Hood, Shump, Green, Osman, Rose, Nance, not to mention the roster turnover from trades, and the damn coach even missed games. Despite all of that they are going to finish with the same record as they did last season.

Harden has had another great year, but their is not a thing he’s done this year to give him a vote over LeBron at this point. His team has more wins and therefor Harden leads the league in the win share stats, but that’s literally it. Houston improved, he’s the same player he’s been. They grabbed a few extra wins from adding CP3 and more defenders. Infinitely less impressive that the Cavs winning the same amount of games after losing Kyrie and then all the other **** they’ve been through this season.

That said, I’d probably give my first place vote to Anthony Davis. Cousins goes down and he’s carried them to the 4/5 seed in the West by doing absolutely everything for them. This logic is the same reason I would have voted Harden 3 years ago when Houston was having all their injuries and problems and he was putting them on his back every night. Tough to say any one player has more value to his team’s success this season, other than maybe LeBron, because New Orleans would be absolutely awful if not for Davis and look where he has them right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #39
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Types 3 paragraphs making a case for Lebron to win, then says he’d vote for Davis.

Just tell us the obvious and say you’d vote for Lebron. You already made the argument so you might as well just say it, lol.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:29 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Types 3 paragraphs making a case for Lebron to win, then says he’d vote for Davis.

Just tell us the obvious and say you’d vote for Lebron. You already made the argument so you might as well just say it, lol.

I would vote him over Harden, but would still give a slight edge to Davis over the two. Realistically though Davis isn’t getting looked at by the majority, so it’s a LeBron vs Harden showdown at this point.

I would vote Davis, LeBron, Harden, Westbrook, but they haven’t let me have a vote yet lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »