Home

2018 Off-Season Thread

This is a discussion on 2018 Off-Season Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #913
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2018 Off-Season Thread

Knicks fans are really mad that their team passed on a player who played a total of 3 college games and had medical concerns showing up in his physicals. Typical.

Knox is a great player, if you payed attention to him in college then you’d know that.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:49 AM   #914
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Porter may eventually be a good player he was just to much of a risk to take with a player at the same position with less concerns like Knox. I also heard Porter rubbed people the wrong way with his interviews comparing himself to KD and all that.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #915
MVP

3304Life's Arena

I mean to be fair we did the same thing in 2011 and 5 years later same dude hit the game winner in a finals game 7 🤷🏾*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #916
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Did anyone else see the Cavs signed Billy Preston? Could basically be the same as having a 2nd lottery pick if he pans out.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #917
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Knicks fans are really mad that their team passed on a player who played a total of 3 college games and had medical concerns showing up in his physicals. Typical.

Knox is a great player, if you payed attention to him in college then you’d know that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Porter may eventually be a good player he was just to much of a risk to take with a player at the same position with less concerns like Knox. I also heard Porter rubbed people the wrong way with his interviews comparing himself to KD and all that.
Funny thing is Knox, while he doesn't have the same potential, seems to actually have the more fluid game, handles the ball better, moves without the ball better, and gets himself in the lane better. If we were to base their games off of Porter vs HS kids and compare it to Knox vs college kids I would have drafted Knox even if the back wasn't in question... We don't even know what Porter looks like at the college level, so even healthy/not healthy I would take the player that looked a bit more fluid against better competition.

A lot of the Porter concerns were some concerns KD had, so he very well could be the next KD.. But for every Durant there is 100 lanky forwards that didn't' pan out. You were comfortable with the Durant pick because there were plenty of games at the college level where he was just destroying people. I don't even think we saw that from Porter at the high school level, he never seemed to have the complete offensive package IMO. He just shot over the top of everyone.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #918
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Funny thing is Knox, while he doesn't have the same potential, seems to actually have the more fluid game, handles the ball better, moves without the ball better, and gets himself in the lane better. If we were to base their games off of Porter vs HS kids and compare it to Knox vs college kids I would have drafted Knox even if the back wasn't in question... We don't even know what Porter looks like at the college level, so even healthy/not healthy I would take the player that looked a bit more fluid against better competition.

A lot of the Porter concerns were some concerns KD had, so he very well could be the next KD.. But for every Durant there is 100 lanky forwards that didn't' pan out. You were comfortable with the Durant pick because there were plenty of games at the college level where he was just destroying people. I don't even think we saw that from Porter at the high school level, he never seemed to have the complete offensive package IMO. He just shot over the top of everyone.
I think Knox and Porter have very similar strengths and weaknesses in terms of their game (not counting health or off-the-court stuff) and I agree about taking Knox over him even if Porter was healthy. I think their potential is the same, maybe a slight edge to Porter since he's a legit 6'11.

I had no real concerns with KD, it was just a matter of how great he'd be. Sure, he had to get stronger but that was a given. KD is still the best college player I've ever seen and by a fairly large margin. He was absolutely toying with some of the best defenses in the country that year. I think he had 31 in a single half against Kansas IIRC. Porter never did anything that was overly impressive IMO outside of being 6'11.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #919
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Sounds like the Nuggets are going to give Jokic the 5 year 146.5 deal this summer which should put them way over the luxury tax right? I guess they can still dump Faried for this years 1st since it didn't happen this past draft.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #920
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

ESPN to air three-part Paul George documentary feature focusing on his free agency starting Tuesday, June 26th on the 6pm SportsCenter.

In more important free agency news. Mavs, Suns, Pacers, and Bulls are all expected to pursue Marcus Smart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »