Home

2018 Off-Season Thread

This is a discussion on 2018 Off-Season Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2018, 04:55 PM   #3777
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: 2018 Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I don't think I realized this really happens. These games been more sim than I thought.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Next year there will be a new SCANDAL feature where you have to navigate through the hoops of personnel, management, PR, and the COMMISSIONER.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #3778
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Next year there will be a new SCANDAL feature where you have to navigate through the hoops of personnel, management, PR, and the COMMISSIONER.
remember the old NCAA games when players could get in trouble for committing violations or poor grades? Your school could get put on probation and you could get run out of town. You had to actually think about that when recruiting. I miss that
Old 10-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #3779

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/st...58015688847360

Interesting that Wright would be the name to possibly be on trade block. Easiest to move if they want, but Powell probably would've been better choice to move (bigger salary, and Raptors already have guys like Green/OG/CJ)

Given Raptors salary, I don't see them wanting a player back for him. It'd have to be a draft pick. Maybe just a lottery protected 1st to replace the 1st given up in the DeRozan/Kawhi deal.

I'd be happy giving up Powell for a draft pick. Would help their tax situation, and could use the 1st from this deal in a deadline deal if needed.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #3780
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Bruh this Jimmy/Minnesota saga is ridiculous. He showed up to practice and owned the whole team apparently lol. If there is any truth to this report that he took the 3rd stringers and beat the starters in practice, it basically proves everything he’s said/done about wanting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #3781
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

^Lol Jimmy Butler is 2007 Lebron James all of a sudden?

Quote:
All-Star Jimmy Butler participated in the Minnesota Timberwolves’ practice on Wednesday, a session that included him verbally challenging teammates, coaches and front office executives, league sources told ESPN.

Butler was vociferous and emotional at times, targeting president/coach Tom Thibodeau, general manager Scott Layden and teammates Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins, league sources said. He had not practiced with the team so far this season after requesting a trade three weeks ago…

At one point in a scrimmage, sources said, Butler turned to Layden and screamed: “You f—ing need me. You can’t win without me.” Butler left teammates and coaches largely speechless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #3782
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Bruh this Jimmy/Minnesota saga is ridiculous. He showed up to practice and owned the whole team apparently lol. If there is any truth to this report that he took the 3rd stringers and beat the starters in practice, it basically proves everything he’s said/done about wanting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah we've been talking about this at work. Apparently he was purposely going at Towns and Wiggins, and was mouthing Thibs and the staff all practice as well.

Read that at one point he said "You ****ing need me! You can't win without me".. But that doesn't really make a ton of sense considering he's the one asking out lol. It doesn't feel like anyone from the team's side is shopping him because they don't think they need him.

Whole situation is bad. I don't see how Minnesota gets a good deal for him at this point. Waited around too long. This whole thing doesn't reflect too strongly on Jimmy as a leader, but every team interested knows he can be had if they are willing to pay come this off-season. Wolves waited around to where now he's missed camp and pre-season, so most teams aren't giving up big pieces without knowing he will resign, or trading away pieces they spent all camp and pre-season building structure around.

Sad thing is Jimmy is right. Wiggins and Towns, especially Towns, are just soft IMO. Wiggins maybe a bit more assertive but not nearly as talented. Neither feel like leaders, they have all their money invested in them, they could be in a bad spot for the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised to see them miss the playoffs, which would be a major let down for that group. Crazy that Towns was voted the number 1 player to build your team around by GMs I think the past two seasons now, going in to this season he didn't even receive a single ****ing vote. That says just about all you need to know about how his career has played out and how he's grown as a player and a leader IMO.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #3783
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I think Jimmy is letting the team know his opinion, they are choosing the wrong players to keep.

Hence why they need him to win.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 10-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #3784
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

He went from practice to hitting up Rachel Nichols with all of the tea lol

Quote:

Jimmy Butler dominated the Timberwolves’ practice today — physically, emotionally, competitively. He admonished Tom Thibodeau, Scott Layden, Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins while excelling on the court. Butler even led Minnesota’s third-stringers to a win over the starters.

It was a tour de force, and the more details that emerge, the greater the legend grows.

Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports:

Butler showed up to practice late and just subbed himself into the scrimmage on the third team to go against the starting group, league sources said.

Screaming from the top of his lungs, Butler uttered taunts at his teammates such as “They ain’t [expletive]!” and “They soft!”, league sources said. Most of the players knew the invectives were directed at Towns and Wiggins, league sources said.

At one point, Butler found himself guarding Towns in the post and when the big man received the entry pass, Butler yelled, “He can’t do [expletive] against me!” and Towns ended up kicking the ball out, league sources said.

Neither Towns nor Wiggins confronted Butler at any point, league sources said

When practice concluded, Butler stormed out of the facility without stretching with the rest of his teammates, league sources said. However, before he departed, Wiggins gave him a hand dap, league sources said.

Towns then huddled the players up with a message centered on everyone keeping their emotions in check, league sources said. But according to some of the players, the message was empty.

Butler, via ESPN:

“Am I being tough on him? Yeah, that’s who am I,” he said. “I’m not the most talented player on the team. Who is the most talented player on our team — KAT. Who is the most god-gifted player on our team — Wiggs. Who plays the hardest? Me! I play hard. I put my body (on the line) every day in practice, every day in games. That’s my passion. Everybody leads in different ways. That’s how I show I’m here for you.”

Towns getting punked then trying to lead with a message of handling emotions is everything that bothers Butler.

Butler wants his younger teammates to match his intensity. He’s right: Towns is more talented. Wiggins has more natural tools. Imagine if they even neared Butler’s fire.

Butler worked his way to the top the hard way. I’m sure he resents his teammates not following his example, but he knows only one way to lead.

It might not always be emotional as it was today. Arriving late, putting on that type of show then leaving early is an all-time practice move.

But if Butler remains in Minnesota, expect more of the same sentiment behind his actions.
This reminds of when Killmonger whooped T’Challa’s *** before he threw him off that waterfall

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »