Home

NBA Draft 2019

This is a discussion on NBA Draft 2019 within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2018, 08:24 AM   #25
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA Draft 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Zion just looks like he’s going 100 miles an hour and out of control about 90% of the time. It worked out for him tonight, I don’t think that instantly works in the league.
Funny, that's exactly what I thought of Barrett and felt Zion was the one more often in control.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #26
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Funny, that's exactly what I thought of Barrett and felt Zion was the one more often in control.
LMAO I find it funny that both of you have this out of control thing in your heads lol. When your driving to the basketball **** is going to happen.

via GIPHY

To me it's about finishing the play. Whether its a pass or layup.

And if we're talking NBA. Yeah these guys are going to be even better. In a iso heavy league.

via GIPHY

And this pass. I can't tell you how many times I've seen young guys get charges in this situation becaus they feel the need to jump to make this pass.

via GIPHY

Last edited by jeebs9; 11-07-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:42 AM   #27
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

I don't have time to find the clips but there were several plays where Barrett drove into traffic and threw up an awkward shot that had no chance of going in.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #28
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I don't have time to find the clips but there were several plays where Barrett drove into traffic and threw up an awkward shot that had no chance of going in.
I'll find them for you. I've broken their whole games last night. Every shot and turnover. Give me a few.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #29
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I haven't even had a chance to really collect my thoughts on Barrett and Reddish because I was so blown away by Zion. He looked better against Kentucky than he did against the midgets he faced in high school. I don't think I could have been more impressed with his debut.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-08-2018, 12:39 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I haven't even had a chance to really collect my thoughts on Barrett and Reddish because I was so blown away by Zion. He looked better against Kentucky than he did against the midgets he faced in high school. I don't think I could have been more impressed with his debut.
Kentucky's bigs looked terrified of him though. Maybe with good reason lol. I still need to see him against someone who doesn't care that he's a man amongst boys because they are also men. I'm not going to have a good feel on him until there is more to go by. Athletically speaking, he's one of a kind. Could you imagine if he was maybe 3 inches taller.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #31
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Kentucky's bigs looked terrified of him though. Maybe with good reason lol. I still need to see him against someone who doesn't care that he's a man amongst boys because they are also men. I'm not going to have a good feel on him until there is more to go by. Athletically speaking, he's one of a kind. Could you imagine if he was maybe 3 inches taller.
I can't help but think that he's just going to absolutely feast on college competition. Anyone that can come close to matching his strength will probably be at a severe speed/quickness disadvantage and anybody that can keep up with him will likely be weak enough that he can overpower them. I'll be curious to see how this team does against the Syracuse zone, but this feels like a team that has the potential to pretty much run through the competition this year, and Zion will be the biggest reason why IMO.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #32
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Kentucky's bigs looked terrified of him though. Maybe with good reason lol. I still need to see him against someone who doesn't care that he's a man amongst boys because they are also men.
To be honest there aren't that many players in the NBA who'll fit the bill. Draymond, who's 50 lbs lighter, bullies plenty of people. Julius Randle is 30 lbs lighter and a bully. NBA guys may not be afraid of him (I don't necessarily that UK's bigs were afraid of him, especially Reid Travis) but not many modern NBA guys have the physical profile to deal with Zion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »