Home

Future Expansion (Seattle?)

This is a discussion on Future Expansion (Seattle?) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2018, 06:54 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Future Expansion (Seattle?)

No, NBA hasn't announced any kind of plans for expansion.

However, as of today, the KeyArenas renovation plans have been unanimously approved. This was final step they had to take before the NHL votes on a 2020-2021 season expansion (vote could happen as early as December).

With that said, what do people think about Seattle getting an NBA team back? With NHL all but likely going in 20-21, what about 21-22 for NBA? And if they do get a team, would NBA also look to a 32nd team? What might be other candidates for a team? If it's someone like Vegas, then TWolves or Grizzlies probably go to East.

And what might expansion rules look like? Do teams protect 5 guys and that's it? Or maybe they have to leave one of their starters exposed? And only 1 guy can be taken from a team obviously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 09:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Future Expansion (Seattle?)

I've been waiting for Seattle to return since they left. My favorite thing to do in MyLeague is to expand to 32 with one in Seattle and another in Montreal. I don't think Montreal is a real option, though a Toronto-Montreal rivalry would be neat.

Regarding expansion rules, would there be a reason not to stick with the same protect-8 scenario?
Old 09-27-2018, 12:08 AM   #3

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Regarding expansion rules, would there be a reason not to stick with the same protect-8 scenario?
Depends how competitive the league wants the team to be. If they want them to be like a typical expansion team and win 20 or so games a year, then they'll make it 8 protected spots and no guaranteed top pick.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #4
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

My guess would be Seattle and Vegas and then move two west teams to the east like Minnesota and Memphis.

Put Vegas in Southwest and Seattle in Northwest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 09-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Last I had heard, Seattle and Kansas City were considered the front runners to get expansion teams. I think Louisville is often mentioned as a possibility too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

I have my doubts, due to the local city council and the way they've prioritized the arena plans around here. In short, the Key Arena renovation seems to me like it's being done with NHL/concerts in mind first and it's still an objectively horrendous location to get to. I don't think it'll be a good enough arena to draw the interest of the NBA.

Regardless, heading to Key Arena tonight for the game. Looking forward to getting a chance to see KD in that arena again.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:45 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
I have my doubts, due to the local city council and the way they've prioritized the arena plans around here. In short, the Key Arena renovation seems to me like it's being done with NHL/concerts in mind first and it's still an objectively horrendous location to get to. I don't think it'll be a good enough arena to draw the interest of the NBA.

Regardless, heading to Key Arena tonight for the game. Looking forward to getting a chance to see KD in that arena again.
I'm envious, man. Lot of fun watching Durant show up in that Kemp jersey.

Regardless of logistics, I gotta say, I love Key Arena as a basketball venue. I wish it'd work out.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:52 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu

Is it prioritized for NHL first? The way I see it, they want NBA over NHL, but NHL wants Seattle so badly they were all in on getting a team there for years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »