Home

2018-2019 NBA Predictions Thread.

This is a discussion on 2018-2019 NBA Predictions Thread. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2018-2019 NBA Predictions Thread.

I respectfully disagree. His talent/skill certainly “stacks up” but how that translates on the court is a different story. His defense was overrated the majority of his career, and his shot selection and efficiency highly questionable, didn’t really “raise” his game in the playoffs, and for all the praise he gets for hitting a few game winning shots in the regular season ranks out statically as a horrible “clutch” player in the playoffs compared to his comparable counter parts. Maybe horrible is the wrong word, but drastically different than what ESPN decided his reputation was.

There isn’t a single measure to the game outside of shots taken, points scored, that he ranks out as a top 10 player.. not like he misses a couple things, it’s all of them. And many for playoffs as well despite playing more playoff games than half the comparisons.

He’s behind MJ, Bron, Magic, Bird, probably Big O, as far as just “non bigs” go. Kobe is the perfect example of everyone wanting there to be a “next Jordan” and right before everyone wanted to start valuing efficiency, advanced stats, analytics, and team impact.. he fell right between those two extremes during a period where all anyone cared about is if he scored 50 points and/or shot a game winner.

Like I said, pretty much every measure available we have to measure team impact he ranked just below the All Time greats. Hasn’t shown the ability to make an otherwise poor team good, though his scoring can elevate good teams to great, and shot selection nullified what could have been the best all around scoring ability the league has had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 25

Spoiler

Last edited by AlexBrady; 12-03-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:41 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Spoiler
I replied to this, with basically my whole Kobe scouting report in the top 100 thread. Didn't feel like it belonged here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 07:55 PM   #36
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm changing my Rookie of the Year Award to Doncic from the Mavs. I picked Ayton from the Suns before the season began. Doncic is by far the leader right now. This kid can play & I personally believe his International skillset & training had him ready for the NBA. However, I didn't expect him to be doing this good. This kid can do it ALL!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 12-06-2018, 10:40 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I'm changing my Rookie of the Year Award to Doncic from the Mavs. I picked Ayton from the Suns before the season began. Doncic is by far the leader right now. This kid can play & I personally believe his International skillset & training had him ready for the NBA. However, I didn't expect him to be doing this good. This kid can do it ALL!
I like how Dallas plays him. I had big concerns about him being drafted as a point guard, I didn't believe he could be a point in today's NBA much less live up to the Simmons comparisons early on. His role as the 3/4 type while still eating a lot of ball handling and play-making responsibilities has been perfect for him. I think he and Smith right now have a better understanding of when to score/facilitate as compared to early in the year. Felt like Smith wanted to score too much, and Doncic didn't have the ball enough outside of his scoring attempts early in the season. They have it figured out now.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #38

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
East:
1.Raptors
2.Celtics
3.76ers
4.Wizards
5.Bucks
6.Pacers
7.Heat
8.Pistons

West
1.Warriors
2.Rockets
3.Thunder
4.Blazers
5.Jazz
6.Spurs
7.TWolves
8. Lakers

East Champion: Celtics
West Champion: Warriors

NBA Champion: Warriors
Seedings might have been off, but I had 5,maybe 6 right in East and 6 right in West.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:21 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

So it looks like every one of us that actually made predictions (including me) had Boston in the NBA Finals, lol.

This league (and life) comes at you fast...
Old 05-09-2019, 10:41 AM   #40

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
So it looks like every one of us that actually made predictions (including me) had Boston in the NBA Finals, lol.

This league (and life) comes at you fast...
Theres a reason games aren't played on paper, or through video game sims.

In NHL, the Lightning were the model franchise. No weakness at all. Top offense, defense, goaltending. Most wins ever. They got swept in round 1.

In NBA, everyone said Celtics are now the team to beat in the East. Once healthy, this lineup is better than Cavs with Lebron. They even almost beat Cavs last year. This year, they lost in 2nd round in 5.

I actually had Bucks as the 5 seed and thought Wizards would be 4 seed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »