Home

2018-19 Transaction Thread

This is a discussion on 2018-19 Transaction Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2019, 05:25 PM   #865
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
2018-19 Transaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
If you're talking about Melo, for sure he needed to leave but he took his lumps and kept it moving. There was drama because there's always drama in NY but he was quiet. This Porzingis thing is just infuriating from every angle, but to love the Knicks means to hate them by default so nothing changes with them.

He was supposed to be the chosen one! I don't get it, I just don't get it. For the foreseeable future, to paraphrase the great American poet Lil Wayne, "**** KP and everybody that love him."
Nah, I was talking about KP but you pretty much answered my question lol.

My man went from PorzinGOD to PorzingFraud in a matter of hours, lol

It is wild how Dallas might have potentially got their Dirk/Nash reincarnated between these two, IF he gets back to his pre-ACL self.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2019, 05:30 PM   #866
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

Wait KP wants to be a FA in 2020?

That ****er is gonna join GS, isn't he?
Old 01-31-2019, 05:34 PM   #867
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Nah, I was talking about KP but you pretty much answered my question lol.

My man went from PorzinGOD to PorzingFraud in a matter of hours, lol

It is wild how Dallas might have potentially got their Dirk/Nash reincarnated between these two, IF he gets back to his pre-ACL self.
Yep, perfect analogy. They get one more chance, and they have the top Euro players in Texas instead of San Antonio. Times have changed.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:44 PM   #868
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Per ProBasketballTalk

Quote:
Jason Kidd – not so good at coaching.

Jason Kidd – very good at positioning himself as a candidate for coaching jobs.

The former Bucks and Nets coach has been linked to the Suns, Pistons and Warriors. Now, he’s getting mentioned with the Knicks (retroactively) and Lakers.

Ric Bucher of Bleacher Report:

Another development that I’m hearing is gaining momentum, and that’s the possibility of Jason Kidd returning to the coaching ranks by succeeding Luke Walton with the Lakers.

Now, I first heard Kidd’s name connected with the Lakers a while back. Right about the time the first round of, “Is Luke Walton on the hot seat?” stories came out. And Jeanie Buss, head of the Lakers, threw a bucket of water on that seat, cooled it off. And so I tucked away the talk of Kidd and the Lakers as something at the time, simply spit-balling or connecting dots that weren’t necessarily part of the same mosaic.

Now, I know that Kidd wants to coach again. And I know he expressed interest in the Knicks job before David Fizdale ultimately got it. But wanting to be a head coach again and expressing that to people who can make it happen is not the same as being considered for one of those jobs. In the case of Jason and the Lakers, I figured it was a matter of Jason letting them know he was interested and the Lakers saying, “Thanks, we’ll get back to you.”

Well, now sources are saying that the Lakers have actually gotten back to him and that this has gone to the next level. And that if the Lakers do make a move on Luke – which, based on all of the rumblings, could happen sooner rather than later – Kidd appears to be very much in the mix and possibly is even the favorite.

Walton definitely appears to be on thin ice. Lakers president Magic Johnson and LeBron James‘ camp have both been critical.

Is Jason Kidd next? Johnson appears to favor old-school coaches, and Kidd qualifies.

But this a prime job. The Lakers should do better.

Kidd has had a few good ideas as a coach. He did well with small ball with Brooklyn after falling into it, and his aggressive trapping defense was all the rage in Milwaukee for a bit. But he hasn’t shown an ability to sustain success in building relationships with players and making adjustments to his schemes. There’s no bigger indictment of Kidd than Milwaukee’s success this season without him.

It’s also a little jarring to see someone angle for a sitting coach’s job. That violates the code of many coaches. Then again, dating back to his playing career, Kidd was never a friend of coaches.
They shouldn’t even entertain him, man.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:48 PM   #869
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Per ProBasketballTalk

They shouldn’t even entertain him, man.
To see Luke on the sideline making those faces you see Doc Rivers make, you know he gone
Old 01-31-2019, 05:49 PM   #870
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Wait KP wants to be a FA in 2020?

That ****er is gonna join GS, isn't he?
I truly believe he wants to go to a contending team ASAP. I think it's far from a lock that he stays with Dallas after next season.

It's been confirmed that Dallas is sending two future firsts in the deal, plus they traded their 2019 first to ATL. It's going to be an uphill battle to build around KP and Doncic. If he was being a diva in NY about their situation I don't see how he's going to be that much happier in Dallas.

If KP doesn't re-up in Dallas, those two firsts the Knicks just received are going to look pretty darn good.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-31-2019, 05:53 PM   #871

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Has a team traded multiple firsts since the nets rule was introduced? Mavs only have 2 firsts in next 5 years, and now can't trade any until 2025.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2019, 05:56 PM   #872
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Per Woj:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »