Home

2018-19 Transaction Thread

This is a discussion on 2018-19 Transaction Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #1937

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
6 teams in a year(He was with the Nets this time last year and also with the Sixers when we traded for him and Okafor)

Man, that’s gotta be a record, lol
Ridnour was traded 4 times in a week I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Jeremy Lin signs with the raptors..... and one of the most puzzling moves of the new hawks era comes to a end.
Decent option for another PG. Basically replaces what they gave up in Wright. I'm expecting a big man signing soon as well.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:00 PM   #1938
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Jeremy Lin is a traitor and should be treated as such for going to THAT...that, team.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:00 PM   #1939
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Raptors making lateral moves

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2019, 02:02 PM   #1940
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
So they get nothing for him? I feel like they could have coaxed SOMETHING out of a team at the deadline for Lin.
Correct our GM who is giving yours in Chicago a run for his $ as worst in the NBA. He trades for Lin with cap space acquiring a 2nd round pick 7 years from now instead of trading for Faried which came with the Nuggets 1st rounder that the Nets got. The only way it even made any sense was if you trade Lin at the deadline for a worse contract and get a 1st rounder back. That still wouldn't have been as good as just taking Faried as he contract was up at the end of the year. He didn't trade any of the guys last year at the deadline either and bought them out.

He can claim all he wants about how "he didn't get the deal he wanted" when just about every playoff team could use Dedman a rim protecting stretch 5 making 6 million a year.

We also have went from 15 players to 12 and didn't get a single draft pick
Old 02-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #1941
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Raptors making lateral moves

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
It does kinda feel that way. If only Masai was able to pull off the 3 team deal that would've seen Mirotic come to Toronto. That would've been a far bigger (and honestly, more needed) move for this franchise.

At least Lin will be a steady 3rd PG for this team.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #1942

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
It does kinda feel that way. If only Masai was able to pull off the 3 team deal that would've seen Mirotic come to Toronto. That would've been a far bigger (and honestly, more needed) move for this franchise.

IMO none of these moves can really be judged until the playoffs. It means nothing if Gasol has his old All-Star like performance with Raptors over next 2 months if it leads to nothing in playoffs. However, it'd be a big win of a trade even if he happened to be average or worse during season, but come playoff time he gets hot and the team wins at least 3 rounds.

The way their season is shaping up, it's basically NBA finals or bust. If this current team can't make the finals, even if Kawhi returns next season, there'd still need to be some drastic changes made to the roster.

Last edited by Majingir; 02-11-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:51 PM   #1943
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO

Mirotic would've been nice but I prefer having Gasol and Lin. That's far less pressure on Lowry to have to make plays in the playoffs
Old 02-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #1944
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
IMO none of these moves can really be judged until the playoffs. It means nothing if Gasol has his old All-Star like performance with Raptors over next 2 months if it leads to nothing in playoffs. However, it'd be a big win of a trade even if he happened to be average or worse during season, but come playoff time he gets hot and the team wins at least 3 rounds.

The way their season is shaping up, it's basically NBA finals or bust. If this current team can't make the finals, even if Kawhi returns next season, there'd still need to be some drastic changes made to the roster.
I feel like getting Gasol was to handle Embiid. I was riding the Toronto hype train but I think Philly getting Harris gives them the edge now. Gasol was a solid move though and will definitely payoff in the post season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »