Home

Can I ask some questions about NBA League Pass here?

This is a discussion on Can I ask some questions about NBA League Pass here? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Can I ask some questions about NBA League Pass here?

1. You can buy the subscription from multiple places. Which one broadcasts at the best quality? Do any broadcast surround sound?

2. I'm hearing stuff about blackout games and I don't really understand that. Does it mean you can't watch your local team because it's broadcast on a local channel? I don't think I can even access the channel my team is broadcast on as it's in a cable package. Does it mean you can't watch nationally broadcast games, like the playoffs? I have to pay to watch TNT, so I can't watch the playoffs without having some sort of TV package from somewhere?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 08:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Can I ask some questions about NBA League Pass here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
1. You can buy the subscription from multiple places. Which one broadcasts at the best quality? Do any broadcast surround sound?

2. I'm hearing stuff about blackout games and I don't really understand that. Does it mean you can't watch your local team because it's broadcast on a local channel? I don't think I can even access the channel my team is broadcast on as it's in a cable package. Does it mean you can't watch nationally broadcast games, like the playoffs? I have to pay to watch TNT, so I can't watch the playoffs without having some sort of TV package from somewhere?
The passes from NBA.com are the best.

Blackout games - yes, depending on where you are, you can't watch local games on League Pass. You also can't watch national TV games through LP. Tip: for TNT games, you can usually watch them through TNT Overtime. It's in different camera angles and doesn't have commentary, but it's a way to watch the games.

It's also like another 50 dollars a year if you want to include NBA TV games in your subscription.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I can't access some of my local channels either, so the blackout thing is unfortunate. I don't even live in the same state as any of my blackout games, so that is the annoying part for me, none of the channels are actually "local" for me to begin with.

All nationally televised games are not watchable through league pass. That even includes the games that are on NBA TV, which doesn't make sense to me but it is what it is.

One positive is you can still listen to all of those games live through League Pass, and I think you can watch them all the next day as well. I actually watch a lot of games throughout the year the day after or a few days after.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I can't access some of my local channels either, so the blackout thing is unfortunate. I don't even live in the same state as any of my blackout games, so that is the annoying part for me, none of the channels are actually "local" for me to begin with.

All nationally televised games are not watchable through league pass. That even includes the games that are on NBA TV, which doesn't make sense to me but it is what it is.

One positive is you can still listen to all of those games live through League Pass, and I think you can watch them all the next day as well. I actually watch a lot of games throughout the year the day after or a few days after.

VPN... join... Promise it will change your life
Old 10-29-2019, 12:04 AM   #5
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
VPN... join... Promise it will change your life
ExpressVPN ftw, it's so fast, never any lag for me and I connect from Philippines to San Francisco.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 08:10 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Do you have to connect with a VPN before you purchase League Pass, or just connect to it when you want to watch?
Old 10-31-2019, 12:31 AM   #7
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
Do you have to connect with a VPN before you purchase League Pass, or just connect to it when you want to watch?
Just purchase and only when you get a black out game so you connect to a different region.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »