Home

1/15 - 1/21 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 1/15 - 1/21 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2019, 12:56 AM   #57
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: 1/15 - 1/21 Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
He got that half a century anyway but man

Did the Rockets really take 70 three pointers tonight?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Hey they slowed down they had 35 at half time meaning they where on pace for 70 at half time and they end at 70 with 5 extra minutes of play with the over time lol.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:00 AM   #58
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
They let Jarrett Allen and Treveon Graham go off for 41 and 29 combined and he’s probably like “At least we got our 70 3s up tonight, which was the important thing for us

Gonna be real interesting to see how they look when Paul comes back, because he’ll be the one who will have to “sacrifice” for them to continue playing like this.

and this is a direct quote from Dantonio last year.

"We did it better"

So in losses, he just feels like one team does it better than the other, not that anything is wrong with what they do.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:06 AM   #59
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Goes back to a quote he made about wanting them to shoot more 3s.

Probably doesn't feel the need to mix up any offense.

Didn't he say something about wanting to take more 3 pointers than 2 point shoots or something? They may not be to far off from that now I need to check lol. Ok just checked 85.4 FGA a game 43.3 are 3 pointers and 42.1 are 2 pointers comming into tonight so lol they are shooting slightly more 3's than 2 crazy.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:13 AM   #60
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Didn't he say something about wanting to take more 3 pointers than 2 point shoots or something? They may not be to far off from that now I need to check lol. Ok just checked 85.4 FGA a game 43.3 are 3 pointers and 42.1 are 2 pointers comming into tonight so lol they are shooting slightly more 3's than 2 crazy.
They had asked them about the Rockets averaging like 30 Three pointers a game, something like that, and he said he wanted them to shoot more threes.

James Ennis went on record saying D'Antoni told him he wanted him to shoot more 3s as well

DAntoni said he wanted to double Chris Paul's three-point attempts.

A bunch of other comments too.

The shoot layups or 3's is the GM's philosophy. Moneyball has never won anything.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:15 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Now he's hurt. But I was thinking if Capela played for another team that would use him like a big and get him more touches. He'd probably be a superstar.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 01:18 AM   #62
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
They had asked them about the Rockets averaging like 30 Three pointers a game, something like that, and he said he wanted them to shoot more threes.

James Ennis went on record saying D'Antoni told him he wanted him to shoot more 3s as well

DAntoni said he wanted to double Chris Paul's three-point attempts.

A bunch of other comments too.

The shoot layups or 3's is the GM's philosophy. Moneyball has never won anything.
Yeah I think that was like 2 years ago when he said that when they where at like 30 attempts a game. I think nba but more so Rockets have went to far that way I dont think you can win that way. Even GS who are a great shooting team is only averaging about 33 a game so even GS is shooting around 10 less a game than Rockets.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:24 AM   #63
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Now he's hurt. But I was thinking if Capela played for another team that would use him like a big and get him more touches. He'd probably be a superstar.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Capela has improved a lot I wasn't impressed with him at all un till last seasons and I would say he is now at like all star talent but I would say he is far from a superstar but I also think superstar is a over used word has I would say there are only like maybe 8 guys in the nba I would call a superstar.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:50 AM   #64
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Yeah I think that was like 2 years ago when he said that when they where at like 30 attempts a game. I think nba but more so Rockets have went to far that way I dont think you can win that way. Even GS who are a great shooting team is only averaging about 33 a game so even GS is shooting around 10 less a game than Rockets.
The warriors lead the league at the mid range even though people just associate them with 3s

The rockets are just one extreme or the other... Nothing in between

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »