Home

1/29 - 2/4 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 1/29 - 2/4 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #121
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: 1/29 - 2/4 Games Discussion Thread

The faces say it all

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2019, 10:39 PM   #122
MVP

OVR: 0

You're screwed if Steph Curry ever has an off shooting night. Because if he does you can bet your *** the rest of the team is gonna light it up instead.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:43 PM   #123
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Whatever else I thought about Harden's play style, I never thought that he was a stat chaser.

He for sure is with his assists. He doesn’t even let go of the ball unless he has a rim runner open for a dunk.

Gifted passer because he rarely has a miscue on those, always on the money, but most of his passes are the obvious ones. If he can’t get the assist he simply keeps dribbling and tries again.

Never really felt like he was out there chasing points or rebounds though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2019, 04:38 AM   #124
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

For those who did watch the Denver game and didn’t just see the box score, Harden shot like 3-5 times in the final 5 minutes. And he made most of the late shots he took. He was actually pretty efficient (9-21, 50% from 3), except for an irregular off night from the stripe. He was definitely not gunning and was actually passing the ball around. Slowly moving up the court. I actually thought he wasn’t going to get 30 the way he was playing. Because he didn’t look like he was going to go for it. As for leaving him out in a blowout, Jokic was out there just as long but since he’s not “chasing history” people don’t notice or care. Plus, leaving Harden out there is on MDA. Harden just played his game, and like I said, no differently than any other time he’s put on the court. He’s just a hooper.

As for “chasing” assists. That’s kind of a weird assertion. He just always has the ball in his hands (again, by design). So he gets a ton of assists. Same as CP. They both just run a basic pick and roll and dribble the air out of the ball. Paul is one of the greatest PGs in history and Harden is not a bad setup man himself. Hardeh also does get his fair share of “hockey assists” due to the passing out of double/triple teams he’s seeing this year. I know he prefers setting others up to scoring himself. If he had players who could hit their wide open looks with more consistency he’d be setting records for assists instead of scoring. He truly loves playmaking. But I really don’t think he chases assists or cares what those numbers look like. It seems like he just tries to make the best basketball play with what the defense gives him.

Also, it seems the team has been playing much better without CP than with him. His age is really showing and it kills me that he just signed that albatross contract. Struggles mightily to start the season, he goes down and Harden carries the team on his back. He comes back from injury, we struggle again. Tonight, no CP, second night of a B2B, no rim protection on the road against angry Gobert and we somehow blow them out with Paul sidelined.

Just... I dunno.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #125
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Man, all these rumors about Giannis bolting 2 yrs from now must have poed Giannis. 33 minutes, 37 pts and 10 rebounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #126
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Nets need to get some bodies back ASAP. Depth was our strength over the course of the season but you can only get by with 9 for so long.

Got Milwaukee, Chicago and Denver this week and luckily it’s all at home but those teams are much healthier and deeper than us.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #127
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

We see you out here Bron. Playing chess, not checkers homie.

IMG_5900.JPG

IMG_5901.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #128
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Man, all these rumors about Giannis bolting 2 yrs from now must have poed Giannis. 33 minutes, 37 pts and 10 rebounds.
This has been a thing going around recently? I remember that Kennedy dude saying that guys from other teams think he'll leave back before the season started but I haven't seen anything since then.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he eventually leaves; almost all players leave their original team at some point, but if the Bucks are actually contenders like they appear to be this year, I think we have a good shot at keeping him at least for one more contract.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »