Home

2/5 - 2/14 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2/5 - 2/14 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2019, 08:31 AM   #497
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 2/5 - 2/14 Games Discussion Thread

Lol.

Should have spent less time trolling at the deadline. Going to be a mess until he gets out of there one way or the other.

The NBA forcing them to play him is another thing. Looks like it's a contusion after the MRI last night.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-15-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #498
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Looks like Alvin Gentry was ticked tonight that Davis went out with an injury, and apparently didnt even know he had left the stadium

He said even though they want the players to be professional through the situation its still tough on them..

Said its been a dumpster fire...man the stories that will come out when Davis does indeed leave

Now, question is, did he kinda fake it to get out or will he miss the ASG on the injury claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Lol.

Should have spent less time trolling at the deadline. Going to be a mess until he gets out of there one way or the other.

The NBA forcing them to play him is another thing. Looks like it's a contusion after the MRI last night.
Agree,... It know it's stupid to be held at a player demands. But..... this probably the most toxic situation. By far the worst possible outcome for everyone... Even the fans. They should of just traded him and move on. I had said this before. What if he gets hurt? The K-Why situation was no where near as bad. We never knew he wanted out. And he just had an injury. I remember with Vince Carter he was just hurt for a long time. That was a different age (no twitter and the internet wasn't everyone main source of ****). I can't think of a another situation that can even compare to this.

It's impossible to be professional in this kind of setting. For christ shakes the Pels won last night. And I'm talking about AD injury lol. Should of just pulled the trigger on the first trade offer.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:41 AM   #499
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

No, they definitely shouldn’t have “just traded him and moved on.” The NBA should have kept its nose out of their business. If Alvin Gentry hit Tim Frazier with nothing but DNP: Coach’s Decisions from now until the end of the season, nobody would bat an eye and the league wouldn’t be imposing a 20 dollar fine much less a 100 thousand dollars per missed game like with AD. The team shouldn’t be forced into taking a lesser deal or incapable of seeing all their options on the deal because an opposing team’s star player’s best friend sports agent has the team’s best player as a client trying to strong arm the team into a trade with said opposing team. The NBA was wrong on this one plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #500
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

The whole “Should have spent less time trolling at the deadline. Going to be a mess until he gets out of there one way or the other.” line of thought is lost on me, as if New Orleans brought this mess upon themselves.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #501
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

They definitely didnt bring it on themselves.

....but their reality right now is that their superstar requested a trade. This is no groundbreaking occurance. It's something many franchises have had to deal with. I'm more surprised the "player independence" thought process has gone out the window in this situation.

We dont know everything in detail....maybe they did their due diligence the weeks before the deadline instead of being stubborn over the request. They most definitely didnt have to do anything...but those high fives from anti Lakers/Bron fanbases dont do anything for their situation now.

Like I said though, the NBA sticking their nose in the situation, appearing to make up rules on the fly (unless I'm mistaken) is a bad look...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-15-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #502
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
No, they definitely shouldn’t have “just traded him and moved on.” The NBA should have kept its nose out of their business. If Alvin Gentry hit Tim Frazier with nothing but DNP: Coach’s Decisions from now until the end of the season, nobody would bat an eye and the league wouldn’t be imposing a 20 dollar fine much less a 100 thousand dollars per missed game like with AD. The team shouldn’t be forced into taking a lesser deal or incapable of seeing all their options on the deal because an opposing team’s star player’s best friend sports agent has the team’s best player as a client trying to strong arm the team into a trade with said opposing team. The NBA was wrong on this one plain and simple.

They offered them a lot from all the news we heard. I understand it's not anyone fault they stuck to their guns. This situation became too emotional in my opinion. Yes there was some ****ed things that look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
The whole “Should have spent less time trolling at the deadline. Going to be a mess until he gets out of there one way or the other.” line of thought is lost on me, as if New Orleans brought this mess upon themselves.
I'm not saying they brought it on themselves. It's just dragging your feet. If someone isn't on the same page with your vision. Get him out of there. I'd get tired of answering AD question.

Quote:

....but their reality right now is that their superstar requested a trade. This is no groundbreaking occurance. It's something many franchises have had to deal with. I'm more surprised the "player independence" thought process has gone out the window in this situation.

We dont know everything in detail....maybe they did their due diligence the weeks before the deadline instead of being stubborn over the request. They most definitely didnt have to do anything...but those high fives from anti Lakers/Bron fanbases dont do anything for their situation now.

Like I said though, the NBA sticking their nose in the situation, appearing to make up rules on the fly (unless I'm mistaken) is a bad look...
Yes it makes it look even worst. Like I said all sides are to blame here.

For me it's been about the other players. This has to grow tired after a while.

Like I said... The Pels won last night.

I think the Lakers offered them a very nice package (second offer). You could of started the rebuilding process. Now you just got this guy on your roster who doesn't want to play for you. It's weird. I can't imagine being in that locker room.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #503
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Miscalculation on Rich Paul's part.

Reporters not even asking about them blowing out ok in spite of the situation.

It's the same reason KS went off on them

They don't really care about basketball

Last edited by 23; 02-15-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #504
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

That’s not player independence 24th. He’s a dude under contract for another year and a half not a free agent choosing to go somewhere. Explain to me where player independence is going out of the window in this situation? And where are all these “high fives” you’re talking about? Majority of the reaction I’ve seen among the casuals is that Dell Demps is a terrible GM for not putting anything around AD, for not taking the first deal offered, asking for too much, etc. Not really seeing the high fiving you’re speaking of.

But again, all we need to know that’s confirmed as fact is that AD/Rich Paul requested a trade a week before the trade deadline and used the statement that they were doing it then so that the organization could make a deal fair for their best interests. That’s automatically a lie because all the deals they could potentially make were not going to be available to them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »