Home

2/21 - 2/26 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2/21 - 2/26 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #353
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2/21 - 2/26 Games Discussion Thread

The worst thing about being a die hard fan of a LeBron team is that you get the LeBron fans for the most part (not particularly here but definitely out there on other platforms) who will come in, claim fandom and start trashing the entire organisation when LeBron isn’t doing his job properly.

I’ve cut dude so much slack because of who he is but there have been dudes who put every loss, every defensive mix up and every game LeBron had 8 turnovers on Kyrie or Thompson, dudes who came in the year after LeBron left and made themselves the face of the franchise. And then they want those dudes to get traded to fit LeBron. I see the same thing happening with LA as if most of their roster isn’t a young team developing that’s been pushed onto an accelerated schedule because LeBron just happened to pick them.

Dudes we’ve lost in the last few years because they didn’t suit the LeBron timeline who’ve either achieved stardom here and clashed and moved on, like Kyrie or have had solid careers like Dion, Shump, Joe Harris and in their place we’ve had guys like Jose Calderon, George Hill, Deron Williams and ended up terrible. It’s why I’m hyping up watching Cedi blossom, Sexton working his way around being an NBA point guard, Ante having a really good year because I know all of those guys would’ve been moved if he had resigned and I would’ve had to watch them do the business for somebody else.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #354
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life
The worst thing about being a die hard fan of a LeBron team is that you get the LeBron fans for the most part (not particularly here but definitely out there on other platforms) who will come in, claim fandom and start trashing the entire organisation when LeBron isn’t doing his job properly.

I’ve cut dude so much slack because of who he is but there have been dudes who put every loss, every defensive mix up and every game LeBron had 8 turnovers on Kyrie or Thompson, dudes who came in the year after LeBron left and made themselves the face of the franchise. And then they want those dudes to get traded to fit LeBron. I see the same thing happening with LA as if most of their roster isn’t a young team developing that’s been pushed onto an accelerated schedule because LeBron just happened to pick them.
Dude, your organization has always been trash. Y'all are just lucky LeBron was born in NE Ohio otherwise he never would've come back. Sorry dude but when the best players that were put around him the first 7 years were Big Z, Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, and a washed Antawn Jamison, y'all deserved the purgatory you were in.

Quote:
Dudes we’ve lost in the last few years because they didn’t suit the LeBron timeline who’ve either achieved stardom here and clashed and moved on, like Kyrie or have had solid careers like Dion, Shump, Joe Harris and in their place we’ve had guys like Jose Calderon, George Hill, Deron Williams and ended up terrible. It’s why I’m hyping up watching Cedi blossom, Sexton working his way around being an NBA point guard, Ante having a really good year because I know all of those guys would’ve been moved if he had resigned and I would’ve had to watch them do the business for somebody else.
You're really using Dion Waiters and Shump as guys who have had solid careers? You also realize that Shump was only acquired by trading Dion, right? You won a title with Shump and Joe on the team. You really think if you still had those guys they'd move the needle on your team? I'd much rather be tanking for Zion or RJ Barrett right now than hoping Shump and Joe Harris could increase my playoff chances. But you make it sound like you'd rather watch these young guys develop and be terrible than Bron having stayed and trying to get to your squad to the Finals for the 5th year in a row?
Old 02-26-2019, 06:41 PM   #355
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Dude, your organization has always been trash. Y'all are just lucky LeBron was born in NE Ohio otherwise he never would've come back. Sorry dude but when the best players that were put around him the first 7 years were Big Z, Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, and a washed Antawn Jamison, y'all deserved the purgatory you were in.

You're really using Dion Waiters and Shump as guys who have had solid careers? You also realize that Shump was only acquired by trading Dion, right? You won a title with Shump and Joe on the team. You really think if you still had those guys they'd move the needle on your team? I'd much rather be tanking for Zion or RJ Barrett right now than hoping Shump and Joe Harris could increase my playoff chances. But you make it sound like you'd rather watch these young guys develop and be terrible than Bron having stayed and trying to get to your squad to the Finals for the 5th year in a row?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by King_B_Mack; 02-26-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM   #356
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0

The argument that my organization has always been trash has literally no impact on me. If we’d had no winning seasons in my near 30 years on this planet it wouldn’t make me switch sides lol.

I suppose I should thank LeBron for being born in Ohio when he’s 90% the reason we’ve been trash for most of the current decade.

And honestly, after the 2017 Finals I didn’t want us to reach the Finals again. That **** took all the joy out of basketball for me. It’s not fun watching the team you grew up on getting their asses handed to them because your roster is so poorly constructed that you can’t compete with a team like the Warriors a year after beating them. 2018 was just a procession. 2019 I have a draft to look forward to, I have another year of watching these guys go from role players to stars and I’m enjoying it more than I’ve enjoyed any regular season over the last 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by 3304Life; 02-26-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:14 PM   #357
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
The argument that my organization has always been trash has literally no impact on me. If we’d had no winning seasons in my near 30 years on this planet it wouldn’t make me switch sides lol.

I suppose I should thank LeBron for being born in Ohio when he’s 90% the reason we’ve been trash for most of the current decade.

And honestly, after the 2017 Finals I didn’t want us to reach the Finals again. That **** took all the joy out of basketball for me. It’s not fun watching the team you grew up on getting their asses handed to them because your roster is so poorly constructed that you can’t compete with a team like the Warriors a year after beating them. 2018 was just a procession. 2019 I have a draft to look forward to, I have another year of watching these guys go from role players to stars and I’m enjoying it more than I’ve enjoyed any regular season over the last 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whaaaat? Warriors are just a superfreak dynasty man but those 2017 Cavs were hella fun to watch in the playoffs. They went into the Finals with only 1 loss and I believe were the highest rated offensive team of all-time. Made 14 3's a game at a 42% clip. Really wish they would've run it back with Kyrie one more time but it is what it is.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:36 PM   #358
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Whaaaat? Warriors are just a superfreak dynasty man but those 2017 Cavs were hella fun to watch in the playoffs. They went into the Finals with only 1 loss and I believe were the highest rated offensive team of all-time. Made 14 3's a game at a 42% clip. Really wish they would've run it back with Kyrie one more time but it is what it is.

A few posts ago they were a trash organization and here you talk about what a fun team/highest rated offensive team of all time. You don’t quit..I’ll give you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-26-2019, 07:38 PM   #359
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

The difference here is the excuses don't fly.

They've seen every scenario and how they all played out.

Kobe will always be bigger than anything LeBron does here...even his old man seasons.

Real Lakers fans don't roll with the story ESPN has been pushing because they've won enough here and they know better.

That's why you have Lakers sites singling him out, especially after his hypocritical interviews.

If he wanted some playoff ready team he should've signed in Philly or some place else instead of coming here to join the 2 faced crowd.

....and these phony LeBron Only fans need to go have a seat.

Last edited by 23; 02-26-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:47 PM   #360
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

The nerve to try sharing in the joy of winning with lifelong fans of a team while LBJ is there, only to turn around and trash them after he leaves.

One of many examples of why some of us hold animosity towards those on the LBJ bandwagon.

And you wonder why 3304Life feels the way he does. Y’all sucked all the fun out of being a fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »