Home

March 2019: LeBron James is no longer the best player in the world. So who is?

This is a discussion on March 2019: LeBron James is no longer the best player in the world. So who is? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2019, 07:39 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: March 2019: LeBron James is no longer the best player in the world. So who is?

Durant

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: March 2019: LeBron James is no longer the best player in the world. So who is?

Bump.

Looks like Kawhi is the easy answer right now with KD's injury.

Will LeBron re-claim the throne this year at age 35 or do some think he never lost the throne?

Edit 9/15/20: LOL this dude had me fooled

Last edited by cima; 09-16-2020 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #27
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0

I think this year is his best shot at that fifth MVP. If it isn’t now, it isn’t ever. I actually think if he’s given full control of the offense, playing almost exclusively as a point guard on offense, with shooters around him, he can average a double double this year. I think they can allow Davis and McGee to control the boards, outlet it to LeBron and let him work. As he’s getting older and doesn’t have that unbelievable blow by speed he always had, the half court isn’t as easy for him because a lot of those kickouts to the perimeter relied on him penetrating and the gravity of the defense. So if they play at a higher pace, he can get up in assists. He averaged 9 with a cast mostly made up of bums in his final year in Cleveland.

As for best in the world? I doubt it now. He’s still gonna have nights where it looks like it but I think it’s been passed off to Kawhi now. Maybe AD could emerge as the best if he has a great season here because he should definitely be in that conversation while we don’t know how KD will be going forward.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:04 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

March 2019: LeBron James is no longer the best player in the world. So who is?

Kawhi is absolutely amazing on a team that has all the pieces to do everything he doesn’t.. when all he has to worry about is being a lock down defender on a team’s 2nd or 3rd best player and efficiently get you 20-30 every night..

But I think that there are a handful of players who have more all around or complete games.. just purely “two-way” maybe not, but two-way doesn’t encompass lots of areas of a a players game because people only look at how many points you scored and your direct man to man defense.

I think AD, possibly still a healthy KD, and if LeBron goes back to where he was, Giannis.. those guys do more and provide more impact IMO.. and I think Curry demands much more attention from opposing defensive schemes as well. He’s tough because it depends on how much credit you give him for the trickle effect it has on all his teammates, and how much you detract for being a one dimensional defender.

I think we are at a point where there just might not be a “the best”, handful of guys lobbying for that crown is how I see it..

Kawhi is more of a Kobe-Pippen cross type player. He doesn’t take the volume of shots as Kobe so he’s much more efficient, but he’s not nearly as dominant or polarizing of a scorer. He has a lot of Pippen traits, but much less in the point-forward mold. He seems to add something every year though, ready to see what that all looks like when he’s around that 30 years old mark. Seems to be when it all comes together for most greats.

That said if we are playing the still developing card, if Giannis gets a jumper it’s over. Guys like AD and Embiid also have unmatched traits but they are never healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ojandpizza; 07-19-2019 at 02:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:15 AM   #29
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Bron never lost it not even to KD...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2019, 10:50 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 25

Letting LeBron run the point would be disastrous. He dominates the ball and only looks to make kickout passes that he hopes will be transformed into assists.

I have said this for many years now but LeBron should be EXCLUSIVELY a finisher, setting screens and rolling to the rim.

Double doubles, triple doubles, ect. None of that matters.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Letting LeBron run the point would be disastrous. He dominates the ball and only looks to make kickout passes that he hopes will be transformed into assists.

I have said this for many years now but LeBron should be EXCLUSIVELY a finisher, setting screens and rolling to the rim.

Double doubles, triple doubles, ect. None of that matters.
Him being exclusively a finisher would be wasting his supreme Court vision. He should operate out of the high post more and make plays from there and it would be a waste to not let him bring the ball up the floor on a fast break.

Him initiating the offense in the half court, I agree should be kept to a minimum

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #32
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Never agreed with the assist hunting aspect.

If that were case, I think he'd have a lot more triple doubles and wouldn't be the far away leader in stat lines that are a a stat shy of triple doubles- most of those being in the assist category.

He can definitely dominate the ball, but his vision is still elite enough that I'd trust it in his hand to make plays...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »