Home

3/5 - 3/11 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 3/5 - 3/11 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 3/5 - 3/11 Games Discussion Thread

https://streamable.com/3bh2f

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Is there an elite player in any sport that pats himself on the back as much as LeBron does? Particularly at the most questionable times to be doing it?

Attachment 161976

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I didn’t take THIS tweet as patting himself on the back. He’s had plenty but this I think was more about it being surreal he’s passing the man he idolized growing up

Old 03-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #75
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
I didn’t take THIS tweet as patting himself on the back. He’s had plenty but this I think was more about it being surreal he’s passing the man he idolized growing up

That one is definitely patting himself on the back and lame as hell. He posted that 2 hours before the game last night. That’s lame as ****. For an accomplishment like this, I get posting something after the game because that’s actually a huge deal what he’s done, but when your team is in turmoil, your playoff chances are circling the drain so you’re going into yet another must win game and you’re posting a precongratulatory tweet before the game? That’s lame. What if he gets ejected before he scores the 13 points? What if he breaks his leg or tears an ACL before he gets it? Not to mention it just looks selfish, particularly with everything that’s happened this season.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
That one is definitely patting himself on the back and lame as hell. He posted that 2 hours before the game last night. That’s lame as ****. For an accomplishment like this, I get posting something after the game because that’s actually a huge deal what he’s done, but when your team is in turmoil, your playoff chances are circling the drain so you’re going into yet another must win game and you’re posting a precongratulatory tweet before the game? That’s lame. What if he gets ejected before he scores the 13 points? What if he breaks his leg or tears an ACL before he gets it? Not to mention it just looks selfish, particularly with everything that’s happened this season.

I mean basically all you're saying is echoing what he said; people are gonna scrutinize him no matter what he does, so I'm guessing if he had waited to post the same thing after the game it wouldn't have made a difference in your mind?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

And his post-game quotes definitely indicate it's the fact that it's MJ and it's a big deal to him personally:

"Of all the stuff I've done in my career, this ranks right up there at the top with winning a championship," James said. "For a kid from Akron, Ohio, that needed inspiration and needed some type of positive influence, MJ was that guy for me. I watched him from afar, wanted to be like MJ, wanted to shoot fadeaways like MJ, wanted to stick my tongue out on dunks like MJ, wanted to wear my sneakers like MJ. I wanted kids to look up to me at some point like MJ and it's just crazy, to be honest. It's beyond crazy."

"I kind of take all accomplishments as they come, and anytime I'm in the breath of any of the greats and, obviously, MJ being the guy I looked up to my whole life, a guy I aspired to be when I was a kid and just, I think it's going to be pretty cool,"
Old 03-07-2019, 09:36 AM   #78
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

The Wizards won and I actually managed to watch it. It''s crazy how much the team has changed this year. Now it seems like they have two or three of the same type of players, but I like what I've seen from Parker and Portis so far. Efficient and flowing aren't words I would use to describe their offense, but they looked good last night.

I also caught the last half of the Bulls game. Looks like Porter still vanishes during late game, but LeVine was also cooking so. Weird way to finish the game, too.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #79
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Pack your boy's wilin'

https://www.instagram.com/p/BusRRH9B...d=ldltju4vnvjd
Old 03-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #80
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0

So happy the Cavs made it onto a house of highlights video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »