Home

3/5 - 3/11 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 3/5 - 3/11 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #81
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 3/5 - 3/11 Games Discussion Thread

Nets repping 6ix9ine is almost Kyrie to Boston level perfection.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 09:54 AM   #82
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Also, in "nobody cares but Spurs fans" news-

Derrick White is turning into one of the best defensive guards in the league. 9 blocks the last 2 games including 6 last night.

When Murray comes back that's a stingy backcourt.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:42 AM   #83
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
I mean basically all you're saying is echoing what he said; people are gonna scrutinize him no matter what he does, so I'm guessing if he had waited to post the same thing after the game it wouldn't have made a difference in your mind?

Did the part of that post where I said given the magnitude of the accomplishment posting something after the game like he did do would have been cool give that away for you or you just a really good guesser?

This is not a “he’s gonna be scrutinized no matter what he does” type of situation man. It’s just incredibly tone def to be posting about how amazing it’s going to be to break an individual record 2 hours before your underachieving team that’s basically laying halfway in the casket for playoff hopes is about to go out there for a game that could very well be the game that puts the nail in their coffin especially when you’ve been the guy showing a lack of effort on the court, sitting halfway down the bench from the rest of your teammates, calling guys out in the media about distractions and having to “want it” every second of the day, etc. I know you gonna ride or die with your boy though so it’s whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Why Rondo so mad? I missed the game.

He did it the other day with JaVale too if I'm not mistaken, I don't think anything in particular happened. 1.) he's weird, 2.) they stink
Old 03-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #85
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Meh, I didn’t have a problem with that tweet before the game. I would’ve done the same thing despite everything else going on with the team.

I do have a problem with his comments last night about people having unrealistic expectations of the young players on the team. That was rich coming from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Nets repping 6ix9ine is almost Kyrie to Boston level perfection.
Don’t be comparing us to no snitch bro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #86
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Also, in "nobody cares but Spurs fans" news-

Derrick White is turning into one of the best defensive guards in the league. 9 blocks the last 2 games including 6 last night.

When Murray comes back that's a stingy backcourt.
I've been keeping track. They should be really good. I can't wait. This year already feels like a wash. The Warriors are just that good.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Did the part of that post where I said given the magnitude of the accomplishment posting something after the game like he did do would have been cool give that away for you or you just a really good guesser?

This is not a “he’s gonna be scrutinized no matter what he does” type of situation man. It’s just incredibly tone def to be posting about how amazing it’s going to be to break an individual record 2 hours before your underachieving team that’s basically laying halfway in the casket for playoff hopes is about to go out there for a game that could very well be the game that puts the nail in their coffin especially when you’ve been the guy showing a lack of effort on the court, sitting halfway down the bench from the rest of your teammates, calling guys out in the media about distractions and having to “want it” every second of the day, etc. I know you gonna ride or die with your boy though so it’s whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't think he's necessarily being tone def cause he's well aware of how everything he or any big star says can get twisted, I honestly think he just doesn't give a **** anymore. Cause guys like you are always gonna bring this stuff up (this is the second tweet/post in the last 2-3 weeks of his YOU'VE brought up when no one else on here did) no matter what it says.

And he always sits at the end of the bench, don't be silly about that nonsense.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #88
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
While LeBron's passing of MJ on the all time scoring list is admirable there are some subplots to this development.

-Point-making is much easier in today's game than it was in Jordan's salad days. Hand-checkers could afford to play a half step off and still interfere with jumpers and stifle dribble drives. Cutters could be bumped with impunity. Fouls that are ruled flagrant today were mostly just whistled as personal fouls.

-LeBron needed 118 extra games to pass MJ. This with the absurd amount of trey balls being launched.

-Touches. LeBron usually gets 70 plus touches in a game. Much more than MJ ever did. They functioned differently of course with LeBron acting like a point forward and Jordan more of a terminator.

-Energy expended on defense. When Jordan entered the league in 1984 he was already a buzzsaw on the defensive end. No player in history ever played the combination of offense and defense at a level comparable to Jordan.
LBJ didn't even start playing active and attentive defense until the 2007-08 season, his fifth in the NBA.
I think your in the wrong thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »