Home

3/26 - 4/2 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 3/26 - 4/2 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2019, 06:34 PM   #57
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: 3/26 - 4/2 Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
I feel like both calls were correct. KD wasn't in his shooting motion yet when Bates-Diop fouled him. He still hadn't even planted his left foot after catching the ball. Somebody posted these screenshots for proof: https://imgur.com/gallery/j8pBk94

As for the foul on KAT, Durant literally held him all the way down the lane. He didn't tap him, he made full contact with his body. Was it a LOT of contact? No, but the rule literally states, "A player shall not hold, push, charge into, impede the progress of an opponent by extending a hand, arm..."

I didn't watch the game, but I can imagine there were some inconsistent calls. I know Curry gets bumped and pushed all the time, so I have no problem with people arguing inconsistency, but to say the refs were wrong on both of these is just completely false.
Clear shooting motion to me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2019, 06:47 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Clear shooting motion to me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Not trying to sound like a smart a**, but did you look at the link? Diop grabbed him as he was catching the ball and KD hadn't even planted his left foot yet. It happened so quick, but I think these screenshots prove that it was before the shooting motion. It sucks that it happened that way, but I'd rather see the refs make the correct call than not because of "inconsistency".

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 03-30-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:41 PM   #59
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Not trying to sound like a smart a**, but did you look at the link? Diop grabbed him as he was catching the ball and KD hadn't even planted his left foot yet. It happened so quick, but I think these screenshots prove that it was before the shooting motion. It sucks that it happened that way, but I'd rather see the refs make the correct call than not because of "inconsistency".

We all think it's a shooting foul. And should of been a and 1.

Just too hot right now. Nets... I feel a come back though. Let go

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2019, 07:56 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 0

Only way that is a shooting foul is if KD was shooting the Dirk one-legged fadeaway. I can't see how its a shooting foul if his shot starts with a jump off two feet and he only has one planted when he's fouled.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:30 PM   #61
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:

Doesnt matter he didnt stop holding him and real time speed the whistle wasnt called at that moment.

It also wasnt as ho hum as some of yall are trying to make it... Those were game defining moments and that ref was upset Curry pointed in his face

They just need to be more consistent, sorry.

Im not rolling with a Cavs fan on anything Golden State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2019, 08:45 PM   #62
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

They definitely werent as blatant as KD's full two steps out of bounds earlier this year. It's not Dub exclusive, calls will be missed....just got to move on to the next one...even the Warrior beat writers were saying they were being a bit extra on the bench...wouldnt be surprised if some are fined....

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 03-30-2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:55 PM   #63
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They definitely weren't as blatant as KD's full two steps out of bounds earlier this year. It's not Dub exclusive, calls will be missed....just got to move on to the next one...even the Warrior beat writers were saying they were being a bit extra on the bench...wouldn't be surprised if some are fined..r
They did move on... I just wasn't in agreement with just acting like it was nothing, which is was far from nothing at all.

If you wanna pick out some other thing from games ago you can do that to every team, and so that's irrelevant.

Anyway, im definitely not on the refs side, because they've been as bad or inconsistent as they usually always are, along with their bull explanations on twitter.

Last edited by 23; 03-30-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #64
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

That's cool guys... Nets are back over .500

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »