Home

2019 Western Conference Playoffs - 1st Rd Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2019 Western Conference Playoffs - 1st Rd Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #25
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2019 Western Conference Playoffs - 1st Rd Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'm gonna laugh so damn hard if Houston loses in the 1st round. We just got through months of being smacked over the head every day with, "Harden, man, he's so great. He's historic, man." A new stat every damn day. Who even cares lol.
I mean what he was doing was unreal. I don't know why you're going to belittle it like what he was doing was an every day occurrence with a team that was in constant flux with injuries and losing key players like it's nothing but ok. Clearly other people care and you're just being your usually bitter self for no apparent reason but I digress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2019, 08:31 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Nothing about how much Harden scores impresses me more so than any other great scorer simply because the way he plays is going to yield a ton of points even from a sorry player... But I don't think you can ignore everything else from this season. He pretty much righted the ship on his own, all those injuries and he pulled them out even before they had a chance to get healthy again. This year was a bit like his 2014-15 season, where I thought he should have been MVP over Steph getting his first. That, to me, is still the hardest I've seen him play at both ends, probably his best year as a defender and he was just locked in every night battling through with a broken *** roster. He had to do a lot of that at times again this year, offensively he was probably more locked in than any other player this year.

If they lose they lose. I'm not a big fan of how Harden's game in general translates to the playoffs. But Chris Paul was a massive difference maker last year, if he's not at that level it wouldn't be a huge shock to me if they lost early, despite Harden getting up his 90 points worth of attempts.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #27

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
Clearly other people care and you're just being your usually bitter self for no apparent reason but I digress.
Alright. I just don't want to hear the same people who went nuts every time he scored 60 points in the regular season turn around and talk about him not living up to expectations if he doesn't make it far enough in the playoffs, like seemingly every year.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:16 PM   #28
MVP

3304Life's Arena

2019 Western Conference Playoffs - 1st Rd Discussion Thread

Come on man let’s not act like he wasn’t about to get to the finals last year before his one all star team mate went down injured and he had to play against four of them.

I’m not even a Harden fan, I don’t like his game and I don’t really care for the Rockets’ system. But it works and had them a game away from the finals (and a likely championship because no way could we deal with them last season) and he’s stepped it up to another level this year when the team around him has fallen off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by 3304Life; 04-13-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:10 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I love playoff time because the Warriors start playing at more palatable East coast times. Watching Steph Curry operate is one of my all-time favorite basketball things.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:38 PM   #30
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Fam they need to chill with these ejections dawg those playoff tickets are sky high
Old 04-13-2019, 10:38 PM   #31
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

I love it. This Beverly Durant match up is fun to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2019, 10:47 PM   #32
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh too bad they got ejected. Beverly will aggravate anyone on defense. Dude is a legit pest out there and its fun to watch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »