Home

2019 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2019 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 10:43 PM   #4921
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2019 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Lakers best two backup center options are Howard and Noah. Both brings baggage. I still prefer Howard, if he can stay healthy. They don't typically give McGee a lot of minutes, so he has decent chance on getting quality minutes. If he could average 12pts, 7-8 rebs, and 1-1.5 blocks off the bench, then thats what you would be looking for.

If Dwight is even Charlotte Dwight he’s by far the best option available, and with some defense he might be a better fit than Boogie. I understand locker room and all those concerns, but if he’s even willing to go there I’m assuming he would understand that he’s walking into a situation where Bron, AD they are the alphas. I think he would understand he has a role to fill. If he’s not buying into that I don’t see him even signing in the first place.

Also, obviously personnel fit, chemistry, coaching, etc all play a major role.. but just in terms of talent on paper, if Dwight is even Charlotte Dwight this could be the best team top to bottom LeBron has played on.. and for sure that Anthony Davis has had. Now they may not fit together at all, but that’s somewhat of a separate argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 06:13 AM   #4922
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
If Dwight is even Charlotte Dwight he’s by far the best option available, and with some defense he might be a better fit than Boogie. I understand locker room and all those concerns, but if he’s even willing to go there I’m assuming he would understand that he’s walking into a situation where Bron, AD they are the alphas. I think he would understand he has a role to fill. If he’s not buying into that I don’t see him even signing in the first place.

Also, obviously personnel fit, chemistry, coaching, etc all play a major role.. but just in terms of talent on paper, if Dwight is even Charlotte Dwight this could be the best team top to bottom LeBron has played on.. and for sure that Anthony Davis has had. Now they may not fit together at all, but that’s somewhat of a separate argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe at this point, Dwight needs to go to a team with some strong leaders. I wouldn't say that Lakers have a strong locker room just yet, but compared to last year, it is stronger. The main difference is expectations and more mature depth/role players. With the higher expectations and vets they signed, Dwight would be stepping to a team that wants to win title.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #4923
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Lakers planning individual workouts for Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Mo Speights and maybe Marcin Gortat per Woj.

I feel like Noah might be the more “safer” pick out of all of them.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #4924
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Aren't Joakim and LeBron like each others least favorite player in the league? lol

Noah is probably the safest, because at the very least he can pass the ball, doesn't need/want touches, and he always plays hard. He won't clog the lanes and looked like a solid rotation player last season. Defense isn't what it was, but the defensive effort is still there. he gives little to no offense in terms of scoring, but I'm not sure that would be a huge issue. I think the gritty guys like him are the one thing the team is missing as well, he fills a need more so than the others in that regard IMO.

Gortat has looked pretty bad for a couple of years now, and did Speights even play a single minute last season lol? It's a plus that he can spread the floor but he's not helping them out defensively at all. Though Speights is still young.

Dwight is still the "if it works" best choice by a good margin. Especially if JaVale or AD end up needing to miss any games as well. Even McGee when he was playing well before he missed that time off with pneumonia is a guy who plays 20ish minutes.. If they are all about limiting AD's minutes as a center, or sliding back Bron/Kuz for long stretches they need a rotation piece that guy play 20 minutes a game or more if needed... Dwight is the only guy on that list that I think can do that.

I guess the workouts will tell more, but unless Noah blows them away I think Dwight might be the best choice.. If nothing else you can likely pick up one of the other 3 later in the year if the Dwight thing appears to not be working out.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #4925
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I said Noah is the safest because there won’t be an “stories” about his struggles every night or if he’s not playing whereas I think that will eventually be the case with Dwight.

That’s where I’m looking at it from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #4926
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Dwight going back to the Lakers? I can't wait. If he gets on the court I'm sure he'll do what they want him to do, but the key is getting him on the court.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:47 PM   #4927
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

If Noah was "too lit" for New York, he probably shouldn't go to LA...
Old 08-21-2019, 03:27 PM   #4928
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd take Faried over all theses guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »