Home

2019 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2019 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2019, 09:01 PM   #49
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2019 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
They drafted Jordan, Blake, and traded for CP3 only because the Lakers/Stern thing. No big names ran there.

I know we did, and that’s why I’m bringing it up and saying I don’t know that anyone actually will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Knicks landed ONE big name FA in their prime in the last 10 years and that was because they fully guaranteed his contract(Amar’e) and were the only team willing to do so. And then they dumped half of their roster to get Melo.

Idk the same critiques your throwing at the Clippers can easily be thrown at the Knicks too.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:46 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Knicks landed ONE big name FA in their prime in the last 10 years and that was because they fully guaranteed his contract(Amar’e) and were the only team willing to do so. And then they dumped half of their roster to get Melo.

Idk the same critiques your throwing at the Clippers can easily be thrown at the Knicks too.
But Melo basically forced his way to the Knicks so while he didn't end up being a FA acquistion he's definitely an example of a star flocking to the Knicks.

Tyson Chandler wasn't a superstar but was a DPOY and all star and he signed with the Knicks without having to be overpaid. And once they got those guys in place lots of examples of sought after role players who chose New York over other good situations for the same money

When the Knicks are acting like a complete joke, which is a lot, they aren't a destination. But I think it only takes a tiny bit of competence to change that.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:51 PM   #51
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
But Melo basically forced his way to the Knicks so while he didn't end up being a FA acquistion he's definitely an example of a star flocking to the Knicks.

Tyson Chandler wasn't a superstar but was a DPOY and all star and he signed with the Knicks without having to be overpaid. And once they got those guys in place lots of examples of sought after role players who chose New York over other good situations for the same money

When the Knicks are acting like a complete joke, which is a lot, they aren't a destination. But I think it only takes a tiny bit of competence to change that.
Right.

Same thing with the Clippers once they got CP3. Guys were looking to get in over there with that squad as well. And that was even despite have Donald Sterling as Owner.

Moral of the story is if you have at least one star there and in a big market, it’s going to make you more attractive. OJ made it seem like guys have ALWAYS wanted to go there and have been flocking there when it’s not necessarily the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #52
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

The Lakers are the only team in the NBA that has ever been a free agent destination. No one else comes close. They're the Yankees. The second-best free agent the Knicks ever signed was Allan Houston.

The only thing about the Knicks is that they've been in such salary cap hell for the last 20 years that they've rarely had a chance to make a run at big names. But as I've said since the KP trade, the Knicks are in great shape regardless of what happens this summer as long as they don't blow their wad on average players, which Perry stated in an email to season ticket holders would not happen.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 05-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #53
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Jerry West is the key to all of it. West has been an upper level FO guy for many many years and I trust him to get it done.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #54

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Did the Laker protest happen yet? How'd it go? Did enough people sympathize with a franchise that hasn't won a title in 9 whole years?
Old 05-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Right.

Same thing with the Clippers once they got CP3. Guys were looking to get in over there with that squad as well. And that was even despite have Donald Sterling as Owner.

Moral of the story is if you have at least one star there and in a big market, it’s going to make you more attractive. OJ made it seem like guys have ALWAYS wanted to go there and have been flocking there when it’s not necessarily the case.
Man I didn't act like anybody was flocking anywhere. I said players at least went to New York, and have expressed how much they like playing there. This goes back as far as Kareem and as recent as Zion and encompasses everything in between. When is the last time any high profile guy has said something along the lines of "I love going to play the Clippers" or "it would be awesome to play for the Clippers".. never, that's my point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #56
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

About twice as many people as sympathize with the Raptors' fan plight of not having enough national TV games.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »