Home

2019 Eastern Conference Finals: (1)Milwaukee Bucks vs. (2)Toronto Raptors

This is a discussion on 2019 Eastern Conference Finals: (1)Milwaukee Bucks vs. (2)Toronto Raptors within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #33
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2019 Eastern Conference Finals: (1)Milwaukee Bucks vs. (2)Toronto Raptors

Maybe I'm underestimating Gasol foot work also... I was just watching some regular season match ups (I know it doesn't matter). Gasol hasn't played vs the Bucks yet.

I saw this play lol... I think post it after it happen. But that's not fair lol.

Not to mention Lowry is stuck behind Giannis on the left block here.

edit: For more context. They is no need to close out on Eric either. I'd let him jack up a few.

Last edited by jeebs9; 05-13-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:27 PM   #34

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Maybe I'm underestimating Gasol foot work also... I was just watching some regular season match ups (I know it doesn't matter). Gasol hasn't played vs the Bucks yet.
That's what I think people are forgetting. Bucks played Raptors 3/4 games with Giannis. Raptors have played 2/4 games vs Bucks with Kawhi and Lowry, and Gasol played for Raptors in 0 games vs Bucks.

Regular season really doesn't mean much here.

Last edited by Majingir; 05-13-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:56 PM   #35
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I think it's fair to say Toronto had the more difficult second-round series--both in terms of matchup and overall quality of their opponent--and it exposed some of their weaknesses as a playoff team, while MIL hasn't gone through that yet.

Philly presented difficult matchups for Toronto and they still fought through and won the series. I think they match up better with MIL than they did with Philly so I'm not sure we're going to see the same weaknesses repeat themselves in this round, whereas we might discover some of MIL's.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #36

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Anyone wanna go to Raptors home game in ECF? For the low low price of $225 you can attend in standing room only section.

Want to sit in a seat? Pay over $300.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:38 PM   #37
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Edit: One final thing. I think Gasol might either need to be bench eventually or less minutes because of foul trouble. I see Ibaka and Spicy-P getting the minutes. I might be wrong. I guess we'll see.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ibaka start some games. I think he's better suited for this mathup
Old 05-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #38
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I’m going to say #BucksIn6, but really, this is the one team in the East that I was nervous about. They didn’t look great against Philly but I still wouldn’t be surprised at all if they’re able to beat us.

I’ll be happy for the Raptors fans if they do. Glad one of our fan bases will get a taste of the finals, and for the first time in years, I feel like one of us can actually give the Warriors a run.

Obviously hope the Bucks come out on top though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-13-2019, 04:20 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Agree.... I like Gasol vs Embid. But vs Brook. He's going to playing in a lot space vs Brook. Brook actually pretty bad from 3 this playoffs. But if he hits any. Gasol is going to have to step up. Which he'll be in Brook world. Brook back looks like it's bothering him. A lot "if" here. I'd call it Gasol=Brook for now.

With stopping Giannis though. You can try the whole wall thing. Obviously double teaming him in the center of the court is probably a bad idea. I think mixing up the covers. Get him thinking.

I really think this series come down to Spicy-P for the Raptors. If he's scoring like we saw in the first round. That's a problem for the Bucks.

I don't know if the raptors can win with K-WHY taking 30 shots. He would have to average 50 to make it worth it.

Also I think Mirotic will be the starter instead of Malcolm. Mirotic is deadly. Because just like Brook. He shoots from 27-30 feet at times. It's impossible to recover to shooters like that. And not to mention Giannis crazy length. I can't imagine being a help defender trying to recover to him.

Edit: One final thing. I think Gasol might either need to be bench eventually or less minutes because of foul trouble. I see Ibaka and Spicy-P getting the minutes. I might be wrong. I guess we'll see.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Quote:

I saw this play lol... I think post it after it happen. But that's not fair lol.

Not to mention Lowry is stuck behind Giannis on the left block here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
That's what I think people are forgetting. Bucks played Raptors 3/4 games with Giannis. Raptors have played 2/4 games vs Bucks with Kawhi and Lowry, and Gasol played for Raptors in 0 games vs Bucks.

Regular season really doesn't mean much here.
I don't believe the Bucks had Hill or Mirotic yet either, and injuries hadn't forced Pat to get a larger role yet either.

Jeebs, will be difficult for Siakam to get it going like that with Giannis on him though...

Not saying regular season means anything, but watching the Raptors they appear to have issues with both in keeping people out of the lane and defending the 3, Milwaukee seems like a disaster of a match-up for them. Watching their 2nd round games, Milwaukee looks to be on a whole other tier IMO.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I think it's fair to say Toronto had the more difficult second-round series--both in terms of matchup and overall quality of their opponent--and it exposed some of their weaknesses as a playoff team, while MIL hasn't gone through that yet.

Philly presented difficult matchups for Toronto and they still fought through and won the series. I think they match up better with MIL than they did with Philly so I'm not sure we're going to see the same weaknesses repeat themselves in this round, whereas we might discover some of MIL's.
Or, are the Bucks just playing that much better than any 3 of those teams? They did have the best defense in the league this year, all while averaging the most points, and the largest margin of victory. They've carried that over into the playoffs, they are only needing 31 minutes a night from Giannis.. Nobody can score on them. And watching how poorly the Raptors guys have been offensively, even the amount of shots Kawhi needs to have a great game... Doesn't look promising for them IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »