Home

11/5 - 11/18 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 11/5 - 11/18 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2019, 11:15 PM   #57
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 11/5 - 11/18 Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Kawhi Leonard sitting out his second national TV game of the year for load management and we're not even 10 games into the season.

Pretty lame of him/Clips to have him duck Giannis. It must be true that his knee is only going to get worse and worse as time goes on because otherwise this is some weak sauce from a guy that's not even 30 years old.
It's extremely lame and really bad for the fans.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #58
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
11/5 - 11/18 Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Tomorrow makes 2 out of 8. So far on pace with last year, I think he played 60 games?

Just annoying for the fans...he's sitting cause it's a B2B but I'd rather see Kawhi vs Giannis than Kawhi vs. Dame.
It got him another ring and an MVP so I can’t knock the process if it’s proven to work for him.

Since it’s in LA, they’ll be in their phones most of the time anyway so they probably won’t notice.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #59
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Hayward with a I'm back game 39/8/7. This team is really fun thus far and after last year I'm all for it and also Kemba better.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:24 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
It got him another ring and an MVP so I can’t knock the process if it’s proven to work for him.

Since it’s in LA, they’ll be in their phones most of the time anyway so they probably won’t notice.
I get what you're saying and I think it's pretty clear that Kawhi doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks. He's at home and competing for rings, that's all he's wanted.

However, the NBA is still a business and whether it was him and/or the Clips that made the decision to sit him tomorrow, I think it sucks to rob us fans of the Kawhi/Giannis showdown because of "load management". There aren't even reports of knee soreness, it's just straight up preventative rest. And to be doing that already just is lame to me but again I come from the fan perspective, not the guy paying him millions of dollars perspective. And I get that perspective...just sucks for us.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:38 PM   #61
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I get what you're saying and I think it's pretty clear that Kawhi doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks. He's at home and competing for rings, that's all he's wanted.

However, the NBA is still a business and whether it was him and/or the Clips that made the decision to sit him tomorrow, I think it sucks to rob us fans of the Kawhi/Giannis showdown because of "load management". There aren't even reports of knee soreness, it's just straight up preventative rest. And to be doing that already just is lame to me but again I come from the fan perspective, not the guy paying him millions of dollars perspective. And I get that perspective...just sucks for us.
No I get it. But this is also the same business that decided to embrace the Load Management Era as well when they didn’t really have to.

They could’ve solved the problem by eliminating B2B altogether but seeing as how difficult that would be, they had no other choice but to settle for this.

Its funny/weird because WE(Fans)treat regular season games as pretty much meaningless games just to get to the games that we want to see(Playoff/Finals since we get to see the best players/teams)but then get bothered when guys are skipping these meaningless games.

The one solution to fix it would be to let the league dictate team’s roster rotations so that guys couldn’t rest players for games but I don’t think anyone would be in support of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 11:48 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I don’t have any issue with the load management stuff, but I can understand why some people would.. to me you just have to be smart about buying tickets in those situations.

A couple years back when Bron was with Cleveland I had bought some really cheap tickets to see them play the Grizz.. it was a back to back where the first game was Memphis playing in Cleveland and the second game was Cleveland playing in Memphis. I bought the cheapest tickets I could because I thought there was a good chance he wouldn’t make the trip..

Turned out that he, Love, and Kyrie all skipped the trip.. I had already made the plans to go so when ticket prices plummeted I went online and grabbed some new tickets. Went and watched a good game from just a couple rows off the floor basically for what it costs to go watch a movie and get popcorn/drinks.... meanwhile tons of people I knew personally where furious because they had bought tickets for their kids to see LeBron.. but to me you can’t be so causal of a fan that you don’t realize the possibility of something like that, and then turn around and be mad at the player like it’s their fault.. to me equal responsibility is on the person buying the tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2019, 11:52 PM   #63
MVP

Yeah it sucks but the Clippers kind of need to let Kawhi do his thing so they keep him happy. It's worked for him in the past as Pack said and he ended up being available when they needed him most so I get it.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:09 AM   #64
MVP

3304Life's Arena

If it means we get a repeat of the post season Kawhi had last season then they can sit him until the all star break for all I care.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »