Home

Load mangement needs to go!

This is a discussion on Load mangement needs to go! within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #65
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Load mangement needs to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
If it keeps the players healthy and at the fullest of their abilities come playoff time, I don't mind it. It sucks if it's a marquee game, but with someone like Kawhi, it's a necessity due to a condition with his quad.

It's funny how people were only slightly irked about it when the Spurs did it with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili - it was basically a meme. But now that Kawhi does it, or anybody else does it, it's "ruining the game"
Even then I didn't like it but I also think its become a more lead wide thing and I dont remember him doing it has often either. I think he did like 5 games a year or something big difference then like 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2019, 12:30 AM   #66
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Fact check:

Basketball

There's an old wives' tale that the average NBA player will run five miles every game. Not quite. Many NBA teams have started using a system called SportVU, a specialized motion tracking system that enabling teams to get far more detailed stats about their players. In the 2012 season, the player that ran the farthest per game was Luol Deng of the Chicago Bulls, who averaged 2.72 miles per game. That's no where near the five mile myth, but considering how much of that is sprinting, it's still very impressive.

Tennis

It's not uncommon for a player to run more than three miles during a five set match, though in more extreme cases, players have run more than five. That is particularly impressive when you consider how tiny a tennis court is (27 feet wide for singles). We're talking about hundreds (maybe thousands) of sharp directional changes.

Soccer (Fútbol)

This shouldn't surprise anyone who's played the game, but soccer players (also know as "football players" if you come from a little place called "Everywhere That Isn't the United States") run their balls off. Games last 90 minutes, they have a large field (between 100 yards and 130 yards long and 50 to 100 yards wide), the ball is constantly in motion and may travel great distances in a matter of seconds, requiring the players to give chase. Obviously, there is some variation depending on the position they play—midfielders run the most; the goalie not so much—but it's not uncommon for a player to average seven miles per game. Seven! SportVU has tracked players running as much as 9.5 miles in a game.

https://gizmodo.com/how-far-do-you-r...sports-5992583
Not sure if this was a rebuttal or just additional information lol

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 11-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #67
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Not counting Kawhi - who else have missed games this season for load management?

Old 11-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #68
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
How has back to back to back AAU tournaments affected a league where there are more younger players than ever?

LeBron James:
Quote:
As someone who came up playing AAU in the midst of the organization’s peak and who also has two sons who are active in today’s AAU sphere, there’s no better player to weigh in on the subject than Lakers superstar LeBron James.

“These kids are going into the league already banged up, and I think parents and coaches need to know [that] … well, AAU coaches don’t give a f- - -,” James told Yahoo Sports. “AAU coaches couldn’t give a damn about a kid and what his body is going through.”

James granted Yahoo Sports an exclusive interview that covered the state of load management, a draining AAU culture that often leads to destruction, how he monitors his son’s involvement, and preventable measures to ensure that kids aren’t being taken advantage of and physically damaged before beginning their professional careers.

“I think [AAU] has something to do with it, for sure,” James told Yahoo Sports. “It was a few tournaments where my kids — Bronny and Bryce — had five games in one day and that’s just f- - -ing out of control. That’s just too much. And there was a case study where I read a report. I don’t know who wrote it not too long ago, and it was talking about the causes and [kid’s] bodies already being broken down and they contributed it to AAU basketball and how many games that these tournaments are having for the [financial benefit]. So, I’m very conscious for my own son because that’s all I can control, and if my son says he’s sore or he’s tired, he’s not playing.

“Because a lot of these tournaments don’t have the best interest of these kids, man. I see it. It’s like one time, they had to play a quarterfinal game, a semifinal game and a championship game starting at 9 a.m., and the championship game was at 12:30 p.m. Three games. I was like, ‘Oh, hell no.’ And my kids were dead tired. My kids were dead tired. This isn’t right. This is an issue.”

Some of the top high school players in the country play approximately 30 AAU games a year, plus a few play on the USA Basketball U19 national team, and that is all on top of a high school basketball schedule that ranges from 25 to 35 games. That’s around 80 games of organized play a year, not including practices, scrimmages and pickup ball.
https://sports.yahoo.com/le-bron-jam...162835938.html
Old 11-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 15

I’ve worked enough and watched enough AAU to say I’ve never seen anybody play 5 games in 1 day.

However, he is absolutely right on the Sunday schedule of quarters, semis and championship. They have to give a certain amount of times in between games but they need to get their games done by a certain time. College coaches “can’t be on the road” evaluating after a certain point.

The other thing is the way the live periods are structured needs to be reworked. As of summer 2018, they would cram a ton of events into a 10 day to 2 week period.

They should spread those events and live periods out more to give more time to recover from each event. Instead by the end of the big live periods in July; players, AAU and college coaches are completely exhausted and whatever parents were able to make a big adjustment to their work schedule.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:34 AM   #70
All Star

OVR: 0

All the talk about this and we are only like 1/8 of the way into the season and there is already a lot of injures.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #71
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Y’all really made a thread for this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #72
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
I’ve worked enough and watched enough AAU to say I’ve never seen anybody play 5 games in 1 day.
That really stood out to me too. Who the hell is playing that many games? I played and coached AAU, granted I last coached 12 years ago so I'm sure some things have changed but there's no way kids are playing 12-15 games in a single weekend.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »