Home

ESPN Presents: The Last Dance, a 10-part documentary on 97-98 Chicago Bulls

This is a discussion on ESPN Presents: The Last Dance, a 10-part documentary on 97-98 Chicago Bulls within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #65
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: ESPN Presents: The Last Dance, a 10-part documentary on 97-98 Chicago Bulls

I was speaking more of the 98 footage. I'd assume they used a movie quality camera like they use for movies obviously, just amazed how good that looked. Just nice seeing this unseen footage at that resolution. So happy we have this to watch. Hope we have some great high quality footage of them and the bad boys pistons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #66
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

It's funny looking back at all of the Krause stuff two-plus decades later. For all of his major personality flaws he really was one hell of a GM when it came to having an eye for talent, seeing the big picture, making shrewd trades, understanding how the pieces needed to fit, etc.

Granted I was a younger fan back then but I didn't remember him being a competent GM in any way, shape, or form. I always thought he was Reinsdorf's buddy who, when it came to his career, was born on third and thought he hit a triple.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 04-20-2020, 10:41 AM   #67
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Anyone noticed that all the shots with MJ talking he was drinking. The drink kept going up and down lol. It was like watching that Drunk history show

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #68
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It's funny looking back at all of the Krause stuff two-plus decades later. For all of his major personality flaws he really was one hell of a GM when it came to having an eye for talent, seeing the big picture, making shrewd trades, understanding how the pieces needed to fit, etc.

Granted I was a younger fan back then but I didn't remember him being a competent GM in any way, shape, or form. I always thought he was Reinsdorf's buddy who, when it came to his career, was born on third and thought he hit a triple.
No offense, but how did you figure that? Yes, he had Jordan as a building block, but (correct me if I'm wrong) he made all the shrewd moves to acquire Grant, Pippen, Rodman and Kukoc all the other role players.

It didn't help his "image" that Jackson, Jordan & Pippen constantly trashed him in the media. They all deserve some credit (players, coaches & front-office), but they (meaning Jackson, Jordan, etc.) have (at least in the past) attempted to minimize his importance or impact.

And I won't get into the psycho-analyzing of a deceased person, especially with all the personality flaws Jordan and Jackson have exhibited throughout the years. Seems strange that 22 years later they can't let their "bitterness" subside. Especially, when I'm (homer opinion) of the opinion that they would have gone down in '99 to the Spurs.

Then again, knowing what we know about Jackson and Jordan they would be the types to hold onto useless grudges.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 04-20-2020 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:05 AM   #69
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
No offense, but how did you figure that?
Because I was a younger fan? I thought that covered it.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 04-20-2020, 11:09 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

Yeah and even if the only draft you looked at was the draft landing Pippen+Grant, that's got to be one of the best drafts for one team in NBA history. Added two All-Star caliber guys who were ready enough to be starters on a contender within two seasons. One a top 5 player level talent, both starters on 3 championship teams, one a vital piece on 6 championship teams. Not many teams that already have a superstar have the avenues to add pieces like that to go along side them.

In a way I kinda feel bad for all the hate he's getting.. What he was doing wasn't necessarily wrong. The wheels were about to fall off on this group and he was exploring ways to keep them relevant. On the other side you have to realize that none of these guys were going to be fine with him potentially trying to break them up.. I get that angle of it, but as a GM I don't think he was doing anything other than his job and don't necessarily agree that maybe trying to find ways to keep this going was an awful thing..

Of course if he knew MJ wouldn't be a part of this moving forward maybe that's when he should have pumped the breaks a bit. However if he felt MJ was out regardless he could have likely pulled the trigger on a number of Pippen trades that would have been substantially better than the Roy Rogers haul they eventually got for him from Houston.

Of course the timeline is also something to consider.. I feel like what he's getting backlash for happens to basically every single team every single year in today's movement landscape. Wasn't as common then, especially with successful teams.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Learning Ainge and MJ hit the links in the middle of a playoff series gave me a good chuckle. Couldn’t help but imagine the amount of burn that would receive in today’s sports media climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2020, 11:56 AM   #72

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Intros

Jordan: Michael Jordan, I played with the Bulls from 1984 until 1998, I took an 18 month vacation, so its really 13 years.

Pippen: Scottie Maurice Pippen, from Hamburg Arkansas.

Rodman: Dennis Rodman......whatsup?

Also, that rebounding thing Jordan was shooting with was cool. I never knew that thing existed. It just redirects the ball back to you.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-20-2020 at 12:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »