Home

2020-21 Transaction Thread

This is a discussion on 2020-21 Transaction Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2020, 07:44 PM   #17
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 2020-21 Transaction Thread

The RFA class is going to be interesting next year with some intriguing names on it. I’ve said before Collins is Atlanta’s best player and assuming he plays at a similar level and is healthy. He will get a max contract if he had been taken in the top 10 he would get a lot more press. It’s a extremely small people in the entire league that put up 20 & 10 on 40% from 3 with good enough defense. That said it’s not the end of the world to play it out knowing Atlanta can match any contract next summer since all the cap space is already used up.

What kind of contract is Mitchell looking at ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
RFAs- Lauri, John Collins, Jarrett

With Julius Randle basically having no guaranteed deal next year, I can easily see the Knicks offering a big deal (overpay) for Lauri or Collins.

And if they don’t give Mitchell Robinson a huge extension, I can see them offering Allen a huge deal as well to try to force the Nets to match.

No superstars will be available. But how many stars haven’t been re-signing since I guess KD left GSW? Kawhi is the only one I can think of.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #18
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
The RFA class is going to be interesting next year with some intriguing names on it. I’ve said before Collins is Atlanta’s best player and assuming he plays at a similar level and is healthy. He will get a max contract if he had been taken in the top 10 he would get a lot more press. It’s a extremely small people in the entire league that put up 20 & 10 on 40% from 3 with good enough defense. That said it’s not the end of the world to play it out knowing Atlanta can match any contract next summer since all the cap space is already used up.

What kind of contract is Mitchell looking at ?

Not sure because he’s now on his 6th agent..lol. Fired Rich Paul so that may give a clue that he thinks he’s worth more than he’s hearing.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Kuzma - “I wasn’t too bent to try to get something done unless it was the right situation. It’s not always about the money … it’s all about situation, and we got a great situation.”

If that’s not exactly what you want to hear from a young player idk what is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2020, 01:33 PM   #20
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Kuzma - “I wasn’t too bent to try to get something done unless it was the right situation. It’s not always about the money … it’s all about situation, and we got a great situation.”

If that’s not exactly what you want to hear from a young player idk what is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narrator: He knows he can get traded in a second

What happened to his “I know I can start on any team” talk he was doing before
Old 12-22-2020, 03:21 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Narrator: He knows he can get traded in a second

What happened to his “I know I can start on any team” talk he was doing before
He was basically saying that in response to questions asking him about coming off the bench though. Like "hey you come off the bench, must suck huh", so the response of him saying he would start on most teams where he isn't backing up AD or LeBron was fair. I don't think he's wrong either.

He has the awareness to basically understand that he would start in most situations but is also willing to come off the bench and not chase money because he's in a great situation. I actually think both comments go hand in hand with one another.

He definitely knows he can get traded at any second, but it's unlikely he's traded this year after signing an extension. Since he signed an extension that doesn't start until next year he has a poison pill contract. His outgoing trade value would be in the 10-11 mil range rather than the 3.5 mil he's actually being paid. Normally that wouldn't matter but the Lakers can't bring in more salary because they used their MLE to sign Trez. They are basically hardcapped to stay under the tax for this season because of that.

Any trade for Kuz would likely have to be some package of Kuz+Harrell/KCP where the money goes up enough that the other team is only trading out the 80% required and the Lakers bring back equal or less money.

It's highly unlikely such trade even exists. For example 80% of Kuz+KCP salary wise is around 17ish but combined this season they are around 15.5ish and unless another move was made it's not possible because the Lakers basically can't add salary. Most realistic would be KCP+Harrell+Kuzma as 80% trade value is around that 24-25 mil mark which is what the 3 of them are currently making this year. Trick would be finding a player or combo of players that equals their value for 24mil. But it is possible.

Long story short, it's highly unlikely Kuz will be traded this season or that a realistic trade even exists now that he's signed a new deal and Harrell signed using the MLE. Most realistic trade would be where a team uses an exception like Golden State used to get Oubre, but the Lakers likely aren't losing Kuzma for only a pick in return when they will be over the cap next off-season and unable to pay anybody to replace him. He's likely safe for at least 1 more year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2020, 02:23 PM   #22
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Warriors’ C Marquisse Chriss is out for the season due to a fractured fibula, per Shams.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:41 PM   #23
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

@ShamsCharania

The Rockets are sifting through finalists — Nets and 76ers — for a James Harden deal that could culminate quickly, with Brooklyn preparing an offer of all its future first-round picks and pick swaps, per sources.

https://theathletic.com/2320908/2021...cate-it-could/
Old 01-13-2021, 02:26 PM   #24
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Marc Stein: The Rockets are pursuing a trade package from the 76ers that would be headlined by Ben Simmons and Tyrese Maxey, league sources say

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/sta...548595206?s=20
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »