Home

2/23 - 3/4 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2/23 - 3/4 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2021, 12:44 PM   #49
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 2/23 - 3/4 Games Discussion Thread

I'm not sure how Lloyd Pierce and Travis (gm) still have jobs they both need to be fired right now and Nate Mcmillan needs to be named the new coach.

Lloyd is still taking Clint out during clutch times for Gallo. He did it again last night in the final seconds with the lead. Clint is the only defense player you have and he took him out because he was afraid he would have to shoot FT's.

Hurter was on last night he was 4 of 8 from 3 and hitting more impressive shoots then usually Snell was also 3 of 5 from 3. Instead of running plays for them down the stretch it continues to be the Trae show.

I've seen Trae chock so much in the clutch I'm shocked when it doesn't happen which is pretty much just the games he has that he can't miss. It would have been a desperation shoot at the buzzer, but still he has to be aware of the clock he didnt have time to pass it. To be fair he had been playing good the last few weeks after his slow start. He was 9 of 27 from the field and 1 of 7 from 3. I guess I'm not allowed to bash him since he still scored 28 points thanks to 13 FT attempts.

My next projection with him and I started noticing it last year. Its hard to point to facts because its a behind the scenes type thing. I don't think he is well liked by his team mates. You don't ever seen any team mates that have his back. You started to see some national buzz on this with the Collins stuff.

The Gallo signing is quickly in the conversation for worst FA move in franchise history. I don't have the words to say how bad he has been. I guess its not realistic to just bench him all together with the injuries. He shouldn't be playing in crunch times with the game on the line not a single person other then Lloyd would put someone so bad in crunch time. For comparison on how bad his defense is its worse then Trae and its not even close. His shooting hasn't been that good either to make up for it. The only chance you have to trade him is to attach a asset to it or trade for a Blake Griffin type contract. If that doesn't get Travis fired the Rondo signing should. I know its been a odd season for rookies but 0017 looks lost while the Kings G a lot of people wanted is playing well.

sorry for the long rant I feel better now lol
Old 02-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Haven't heard anybody mention this. And wasn't even on ESPN top plays.

Zubac murdered Bertans.

https://youtu.be/qdISGrdBjn0

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #51
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, if they have to go into a bubble again then home/road record becomes irrelevant. And there is always a chance a team gets "hot" like Miami last season and beats a bunch of good match ups.

Just like people will "question" the playoff mettle of Simmons, Embiid and Antetokounmpo; the same can be said of Harden and his propensity to "choke" come playoff time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Reread my post again sir, especially the first part.
Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2021, 03:33 PM   #52
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Haven't heard anybody mention this. And wasn't even on ESPN top plays.

Zubac murdered Bertans.

https://youtu.be/qdISGrdBjn0

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Props to Davis for even attempting to block that dunk.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 02-24-2021, 03:55 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I'm not sure how Lloyd Pierce and Travis (gm) still have jobs they both need to be fired right now and Nate Mcmillan needs to be named the new coach.

Lloyd is still taking Clint out during clutch times for Gallo. He did it again last night in the final seconds with the lead. Clint is the only defense player you have and he took him out because he was afraid he would have to shoot FT's.

Hurter was on last night he was 4 of 8 from 3 and hitting more impressive shoots then usually Snell was also 3 of 5 from 3. Instead of running plays for them down the stretch it continues to be the Trae show.

I've seen Trae chock so much in the clutch I'm shocked when it doesn't happen which is pretty much just the games he has that he can't miss. It would have been a desperation shoot at the buzzer, but still he has to be aware of the clock he didnt have time to pass it. To be fair he had been playing good the last few weeks after his slow start. He was 9 of 27 from the field and 1 of 7 from 3. I guess I'm not allowed to bash him since he still scored 28 points thanks to 13 FT attempts.

My next projection with him and I started noticing it last year. Its hard to point to facts because its a behind the scenes type thing. I don't think he is well liked by his team mates. You don't ever seen any team mates that have his back. You started to see some national buzz on this with the Collins stuff.

The Gallo signing is quickly in the conversation for worst FA move in franchise history. I don't have the words to say how bad he has been. I guess its not realistic to just bench him all together with the injuries. He shouldn't be playing in crunch times with the game on the line not a single person other then Lloyd would put someone so bad in crunch time. For comparison on how bad his defense is its worse then Trae and its not even close. His shooting hasn't been that good either to make up for it. The only chance you have to trade him is to attach a asset to it or trade for a Blake Griffin type contract. If that doesn't get Travis fired the Rondo signing should. I know its been a odd season for rookies but 0017 looks lost while the Kings G a lot of people wanted is playing well.

sorry for the long rant I feel better now lol
The Gallo > Capela hurt them for sure last night. The last pay of the game Capela would have been one step away from contesting the last bucket, Gallo was standing watching.

I don't fault them entirely on the Gallo signing though, or the decision to play him late in SOME instances. He has a history of being able to make clutch plays to win games, even as recent as just last season. He's never been a bad defender instinctively and was solid before old age and injuries, the IQ was enough to make him serviceable on that end so long as the defenders around him are solid as well even with OKC...

He does look very old and slow the little I've watched this year, but he didn't just as recently as last season so I can't really fault them for not being able to predict this. I think part of it is Gallo slowing down, part of it is just a new team and guys not used to each other, part of it is lots of young players who likely just aren't on the same page every night, part of it could be coaching, but they might be better off shopping him or working a buyout at this point.

Hawks made it clear that making the playoffs was a goal, I look at maybe a deal with Orlando that could possibly befit both sides. Gallo and a couple of first round picks for Gordon? I think Orlando is on the verge of breaking that group up, Gordon and Vucevic been in rumors for a couple years now, I think draft assets for them moving forward to pair with Anthony, Fultz, Isaac, Bamba, they have potential pieces in place ready to usher in a rebuild.

Lots of contenders have been rumored to want Gordon, a lot of them don't have firsts to offer, or they will be worse picks than Atlanta's, and Gallo makes the money an even swap with all of that not being guaranteed so Orlando won't be stuck with a bad contract for making this trade either. Plus side for Atlanta is Gordon is a great defender, fits their timeline, and their small ball lineups would be Gordon at the 4 Collins at the 5 which is really solid. Also if there is something to the noise of Collins wanting out, or them considering trades for him, Gordon is a great replacement for his role too.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:06 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse

Just like people will "question" the playoff mettle of Simmons, Embiid and Antetokounmpo; the same can be said of Harden and his propensity to "choke" come playoff time.

True, but not KD and Kyrie.. Kyrie for all his faults is not scared of any moment, he will make tons of stupid plays trying to do too much but he won't fail you for the moment being too big or choking because it's the playoffs. It's like if Mario Chalmers was really good instead of awful lol. Also with Harden, a lot of his issues are tied to the way he plays. He's changed that some with the Nets, as long as he's not hunting fouls and dribbling 20 seconds off the clock for contested step backs I think they will be fine.

Probably is way too premature but I do like the Nets to win it all. I always thought the defense would come around, KD is solid with his length, Harden was never a bad defender if you can put him on bigger guys that can't blow past him or really shoot (he's a lockdown guy for a guy like Simmons for example), Harris has always been a high effort defender, Brown is as well, DJ can still protect the rim, Kyrie has been awful but we've saw him lock in enough to be average come playoff time before so I don't doubt he can now.

I think for them to lose it would take the opposing team shooting well, playing top tier defense, and a guy like Embiid, Giannis, Joker, Davis just having the series of a lifetime and abusing them inside. I'm not saying the question marks about there only being one ball, or giving up too many points, lack of big man depth, etc don't' exist because they do.. I just don't know that they're big enough to matter in terms of somebody beating them 4 times. If somebody does I think it would be Philly or Milwaukee, I don't think many of the West contenders match up that well with them to be honest. Maybe the Clippers.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:27 PM   #55
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

And just like that the novel battle started
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2021, 04:32 PM   #56
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
The Gallo > Capela hurt them for sure last night. The last pay of the game Capela would have been one step away from contesting the last bucket, Gallo was standing watching.

I don't fault them entirely on the Gallo signing though, or the decision to play him late in SOME instances. He has a history of being able to make clutch plays to win games, even as recent as just last season. He's never been a bad defender instinctively and was solid before old age and injuries, the IQ was enough to make him serviceable on that end so long as the defenders around him are solid as well even with OKC...

He does look very old and slow the little I've watched this year, but he didn't just as recently as last season so I can't really fault them for not being able to predict this. I think part of it is Gallo slowing down, part of it is just a new team and guys not used to each other, part of it is lots of young players who likely just aren't on the same page every night, part of it could be coaching, but they might be better off shopping him or working a buyout at this point.

Hawks made it clear that making the playoffs was a goal, I look at maybe a deal with Orlando that could possibly befit both sides. Gallo and a couple of first round picks for Gordon? I think Orlando is on the verge of breaking that group up, Gordon and Vucevic been in rumors for a couple years now, I think draft assets for them moving forward to pair with Anthony, Fultz, Isaac, Bamba, they have potential pieces in place ready to usher in a rebuild.

Lots of contenders have been rumored to want Gordon, a lot of them don't have firsts to offer, or they will be worse picks than Atlanta's, and Gallo makes the money an even swap with all of that not being guaranteed so Orlando won't be stuck with a bad contract for making this trade either. Plus side for Atlanta is Gordon is a great defender, fits their timeline, and their small ball lineups would be Gordon at the 4 Collins at the 5 which is really solid. Also if there is something to the noise of Collins wanting out, or them considering trades for him, Gordon is a great replacement for his role too.
I don’t watch enough of Gordon to know his strengthens and where he plays exactly. That’s a lot better the what we have now so I would be for it. As I said a few weeks back it comes down to if Travis is going to admit he made a mistake and signing him and to a lesser extent even Bogdan. Trae and Gallo on the floor together against a top seed in the east in the playoffs is going to be brutal on defense.

I think you could make a trade with Orlando work who has some bad contracts and that’s what it’s going to take if you trade Gallo this year. They have aminu who is 10 million next year they might also want to get off fultz. He would fill the role of backup PG to Trae which apparently is never going to be filled while being able to play alongside him.

Despite how awful Gallo has been the 3rd year is only 5 million guaranteed so next year he is basically a expiring contract. That makes him more tradable if you hang on. I think we can trick the clippers into take rondo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »