Home

2021 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2021 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2021, 04:45 PM   #801
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2021 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Shams already said those 2 wouldn’t be enough for us to accept in a trade. Basically saying Marks isn’t all that crazy about either of them.

Haven’t seen any of the local, more plugged in guys say anything is close either but then again the Nets very rarely have anything leak out from their side since Marks has been there.
No disrespect to Dinwiddie but surely the Wizards would look for bigger fish/more assets in a Beal move.

I could see all of Bertans, Bryant, and KCP being the type of complimentary players that would really benefit the Nets though. That's quite a bit of salary and might be able to get the Nets off the Jordan contract for a pick(s) in return. No idea how the money plays out Washington would be hard capped getting back Dinwiddie but just glancing at the numbers it looks possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2021, 04:49 PM   #802
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Yeah I read the article. I'm aware how sign and trades work. My thing was just how it's been constantly thrown around how the Lakers can just get whoever it is they're interested in and send back Schroder as if it's a foregone conclusion that he wants to go to any of these teams or that any of those teams even want him.
Also literally nobody is doing this lol. IDK why the Lakers rumors are the only ones that get you worked up but it's all just speculation based on players that have legit traction as far as rumors go. Lakers DO want Hield, Bulls seem to want Schroder. So obviously people will looks for ways to see how scenarios around either of those moves could play out.

There is literally not a person alive that has said Hield is going to the Lakers because the Wizards/Kings for sure want Dennis Schroder. It's all just hypotheticals of what is technically possible. Don't take the **** so serious man, just enjoy the mayhem that is the NBA off-season.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:15 PM   #803
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
This is true, and if say Lonzo or Lowry is there guy something they might consider. But why would they do all that to get Schroder if they can just move Thad and Tomas to get him? That leaves them with enough room to still likely match and keep Lauri, even if they don't want him it's a trade piece, and maybe still use one of their MLEs before hitting the hard cap if they waive and stretch Aminu. Might not even have to lose Aminu, giving them another trade chip.

In the other scenario you're waiving and stretching maybe all 3 of Thad, Tomas, Aminu which means you're paying them for 3-4 years down the line, as well as losing Lauri for nothing.

I understand you're looking at it from a why would Dennis/another team help the Lakers but in this scenario a S&T helps all of the Lakers, Dennis, and Chicago. A S&T allows Dennis to get where he wants without that team having to get worse or renounce rights to players/trade pieces to make room for him. And in Chicago's case they could likely retain more value on their roster, especially in keeping Lauri, and not have to stretch all those guys paying them money when they aren't even on their team anymore.
I honestly don't see any scenario where Lauri is here next year if he's getting big money. Some team is gonna sign him to a big offer sheet and I'd be shocked if the Bulls match. Honestly not sure why they extended the QO to him. Perhaps so that the market can dictate his price and then if it's a number they don't like let him go? I don't know the strategy there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Also literally nobody is doing this lol. IDK why the Lakers rumors are the only ones that get you worked up but it's all just speculation based on players that have legit traction as far as rumors go. Lakers DO want Hield, Bulls seem to want Schroder. So obviously people will looks for ways to see how scenarios around either of those moves could play out.

There is literally not a person alive that has said Hield is going to the Lakers because the Wizards/Kings for sure want Dennis Schroder. It's all just hypotheticals of what is technically possible. Don't take the **** so serious man, just enjoy the mayhem that is the NBA off-season.
What is worked up? I have a full time job and a 1 year old bro a message board isn't working me up. It is however getting a little annoying that we do this thing where whenever I comment on ANY OTHER thing in the NBA it's crickets, soon as I say something about the Lakers/LeBron then we pretend like all I do is talk about LeBron or whatever team he's on and run the "nobody is saying/doing this" thing. Like we not on a message board where we can literally go back and read some of the posts in here about the Lakers' moves that revolved around shipping Schroder in trades like that man isn't a UFA with a say in the matter.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:30 PM   #804
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Evan Fournier reportedly wants $80M / four years. For the love of god, please let that man become a NYK mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa whoa whoa. Leave us out of this. I have no doubts his agent is leaking that we have interest.

Anyway looks like Dallas and NY are freeing up cap space. I know Dallas wants to re-sign THJr and want to make a push for Lowry. I think Dragic is a better “fit” there than Lowry.

I have no idea who the Knicks are targeting but I hope it’s Lonzo. Wouldn’t mind THT on the cheap either.

Julius Randle’s $4M is now guaranteed at $19M today. He’s eligible to sign a 4-yr deal.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:45 PM   #805
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

So since he opted out. What does everyone think a Bobby Portis deal looks like after his Finals performance? Obviously he only helped himself with that one, but how much so did it help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2021, 05:47 PM   #806
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

IMG_5404.jpg

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-31-2021, 05:55 PM   #807
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
So since he opted out. What does everyone think a Bobby Portis deal looks like after his Finals performance? Obviously he only helped himself with that one, but how much so did it help?
He's worth it in my opinion. Every team needs crazy eyes. And I say worth. I don't know how much. But how did a player like Crowder get last year from the Suns. He's worth that kind of money in my opinion.
Quote:
Attachment 194236

Thoughts?

Yup worth it. His ability to score and pass is exactly what they needed. But I don't know if this is the right team to win a ring with. I feel like everyone else is going to reload. So unless they improve their team in other ways. I don't know.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:59 PM   #808
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Attachment 194236

Thoughts?

Too long of a contract imo.