Home

2021 Western Conference Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. LA Clippers

This is a discussion on 2021 Western Conference Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. LA Clippers within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #809
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2021 Western Conference Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. LA Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I'm shocked no one brought this situation up...
https://twitter.com/SI_outofbounds/s...330213376?s=19
I heard some people talking about this and I thought they were just being overly dramatic but after actually seeing it, I came away with more questions than answers. Why was he staring at the man's thigh? Why so high? Why such a strong grip? Why any grip? Why dual-wielding?

Quote:
Man Reggie Jackson.... This dude cashed in our should I say he's about to cash in. I could imagine he still wants to win. Happy for him.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...831536137?s=19
I unfairly lumped him with Andre Drummond at times in Detroit. I fairly assessed him as someone who's not supposed to be a 1A top dog like Detroit wanted him to be, but that's not entirely his fault (he did seem to be angling for all of that since his tiff with Westbrook in OKC).

As one of the 12 people who's watched the Pistons for the past 10 years, Reggie in this series looked a lot like the Reggie I saw in 2016 when he average 19 & 6, frequently showed out in the clutch, and was actually a part of one of the few Pistons playoff teams in recent history.

Like most former Pistons, however, I don't think it's a coincidence that he flourishes even further when he finds a supporting role that better fits him. I was super indifferent toward his success in LA but I've turned a corner a bit. Still probably not a Reggie fan, but his post-game presser was one of the realest things I've seen from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
PG always has an excuse. If only Leonard played we would have won he said. It’s always what if with him. He might be right but the Suns played the first two games without Chris Paul and won. That was the Clips chance and they blew it. PG is a great player but you can’t be a team’s best player and only take 15 shots in a do or die game. Even if D is focused on you you have to find a way. He just seemed passive in this game unlike previous game where he was super aggressive.
Not a Paul George fan by any means but sometimes excuses are actually reasons. Losing Kawhi is a huge deal. Did LA still opportunities without him? Yep. But it's still a huge deal.

And the Suns wanted it badly last night. Paul George's performance felt less like him dropping the ball (figuratively) and more like Phoenix asserting their will. They looked like a team who knew a dude (George) had just lit them up with a legendary performance and made all the adjustments to make sure it didn't happen again. And you know what makes those types of adjustments easier? Not having to worry about Kawhi Leonard.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #810
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Props to Morris for coming out there on a sore knee. You want this dude on your team. It's so funny to me because when they were drafted they were looked at as tweeners. Now their the talk of the NBA. These switch players (Like a Jeff Green).
https://youtu.be/Ft6wiDhyqbo
Old 07-01-2021, 10:18 AM   #811
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
0 deodorant and 0 brushed teeth lmao

That’s how y’all Chitown dudes be going King?

No sir. He don’t rep all of us. Just that goofy *** section of fools from K-Town

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 10:19 AM   #812
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm happy for CP3 man. Pat Beverley is moron. I hate the media narrative around Pheonix and injuries. Suns were the number 2 seed when most of the league was healthy. You dont luck your way into the top of the western conference. Pheonix beat the other contenders at full strength before the injuries. On any given year the number 2 seed would not be seen as some surprise champs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #813
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

Actually, as I see it, if the Suns win the Title in reality the Lakers are back-to-back champions due to the transitive property :P
Old 07-01-2021, 11:44 AM   #814
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Props to Morris for coming out there on a sore knee. You want this dude on your team. It's so funny to me because when they were drafted they were looked at as tweeners. Now their the talk of the NBA. These switch players (Like a Jeff Green).
https://youtu.be/Ft6wiDhyqbo
This is a great observation.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:07 PM   #815
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Every upcoming big man needs to watch Ayton's diving, catching and finishing from these playoffs. Love how he keeps the ball high.

Masterful.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #816
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Every upcoming big man needs to watch Ayton's diving, catching and finishing from these playoffs. Love how he keeps the ball high.

Masterful.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Every big man needs that touch from 9-12 feet out. That's how you stay on the floor and still make sure your man can't contest shots at the rim without having to stretch all the way out to the 3 point line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »