Home

2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline

This is a discussion on 2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2022, 01:26 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline

I mean Giannis is/was on a team that finished 1st in the East 2 years in a row and 3rd last year, winning MVP's, so him getting flak was completely deserved and then he won; so all of that talk ended, as it should be.

The Blazers are going nowhere, they suck, Dame ain't winning a Title there unless they bottom out, Dame stays and wins in his mid to late 30's. Or he could ask to be traded to the Sixers and if he wins in Philly there won't be much talk about "him teaming up" will Embiid unless people think Dame should win a Title all by himself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2022, 01:52 PM   #42
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
2021-22 NBA Trade Deadline

No disagreements about Giannis individually.

I’m not gonna say Portland is doomed for long term mediocrity especially now where it doesn’t take much for a team to go with no flexibility to have some(This is not me saying they will, I legit don’t know. We all thought Boston would’ve had another ring by now)

If he decides to stay there long term and never wins a ring, I’m not going to look at his career any differently/funny, he’ll still be in the HOF and known as one of the greatest PGs to ever play. I imagine there will be others who do but they’re probably the same folks that still put weight/stock in the RINGZZZZ argument.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 01-10-2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:07 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I think their best long term is to now shut down Lillard and allow him to come back fully healthy. They have to make moves now that set up future moves this offseason. If they could secure a lottery pick and Simons flourishes as a starter, pairing him and the lottery pick along with Reid could get them a good player. They would have to sell him on next season. They have to make a similar commitment to go all in like the Bucks did.

The only issue is that extension he's eligible to receive as early as this offseason. They have to decide whether to commit to that amount of money to a 35-36 Lillard
Old 01-10-2022, 02:09 PM   #44
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Portland getting the 8th seed and losing out on a lottery pick is only going to make them worse in the long run. Then they have to either lose or pay Roco, Nurkic and Simons this summer.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:36 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Portland getting the 8th seed and losing out on a lottery pick is only going to make them worse in the long run. Then they have to either lose or pay Roco, Nurkic and Simons this summer.
Which is the worst case scenario. They cannot afford to lose Simons. It's a problem poor roster construction. To be in this situation where they are still over the cap if their FAs walk, only 2 young quality players, and a remaining roster thar isn't a fit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2022, 02:46 PM   #46
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Shams reporting the Knicks, Lakers, Wizards and Blazers are among the teams pursuing Pistons’ Jerami Grant.

Also says the Hawks have “gained momentum” in discussions involving the Sixers and Simmons.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:56 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

If the Blazers extend Lillard they deserve everything that's coming their way.
Old 01-10-2022, 03:33 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Shams reporting the Knicks, Lakers, Wizards and Blazers are among the teams pursuing Pistons’ Jerami Grant.

Also says the Hawks have “gained momentum” in discussions involving the Sixers and Simmons.
I really don't understand that Grant move for any of those teams.

Is the hope for the Knicks to bring him off the bench, or just go really small with he/Randle at the 5, or move on from Fournier and move RJ to he 2 and just play really big? Such a weird fit for them. Thibs love guys who defend but he seems so far off from what they actually need. He's a worse Randle playing the same position as Randle.

For the Lakers at least he would commit them to a front court of Bron/Grant/AD and he's a solid defender who can space the floor. He would likely be what they wanted from Ariza only better, but it still doesn't fix their biggest problems of not having a wing/guard type that can do anything at all consistently. A trade for Grant signals they are fine with committing to Monk being their best wing player by decent margin.. mehhh I only see that making sense if it's part of a larger move with Westbrook going out(not likely at all).

Wizards just have an absolute logjam of guys at the 3/4 spot. I don't know how the minutes would even disperse. All of Kuz, KCP, Deni, Kispert, Rui, Bertans get minutes at the 3 or 4. Bertans has been awful and Rui has been out all year, but I'm not moving on from Rui, Bertans, Kispert this early for a player like Grant. Maybe you make that move for an All-Star caliber guy, but not for Grant.

Blazers he could likely start and have a big role, but I don't get the motive there. Like he would be better than Covington because he's been a huge disappointment, but he's not going to transform that team into somethin it's not. They surely wouldn't trade Simons and with no intriguing young players that means they would be moving picks or overpaying and sending a guy like CJ. I don't see the justification for them to do that only to fight for a play-in spot. Doesn't make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »