Home

3/8 - 3/21 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 3/8 - 3/21 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2022, 10:38 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 3/8 - 3/21 Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDubya
Why was Simmons shooting in pregame when he ain’t even gonna play? If he’s “hurt”, why wouldn’t he just be sitting? This whole thing makes no sense to me.

This happens with pretty much every injured player. Some guys even go through full pre-game workouts just to go back to the locker room and put on a suit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2022, 11:02 PM   #66

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I get the feeling Philly didn't think it was gonna go like that lol. Glorious.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:02 AM   #67
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

DeMarcus Cousins is signed for the rest of the year right? He's been playing really well.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:09 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Its the last hour of work on a Friday, so maybe I'm bored, but yall think there's anything to what KD said in his post game about Philly?

"We ran em, they're not really a good transition team. They don't make second and third efforts, sometimes we made 4,5 passes so we took advantage of that."

He may have just been talking about their relative lack of depth and how they aren't built to run the floor, but they way he slipped in that effort line has me wondering. And I don't think it was a dig specifically at Harden because he said it within the normal flow of talking about the whole team.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:19 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Its the last hour of work on a Friday, so maybe I'm bored, but yall think there's anything to what KD said in his post game about Philly?

"We ran em, they're not really a good transition team. They don't make second and third efforts, sometimes we made 4,5 passes so we took advantage of that."

He may have just been talking about their relative lack of depth and how they aren't built to run the floor, but they way he slipped in that effort line has me wondering. And I don't think it was a dig specifically at Harden because he said it within the normal flow of talking about the whole team.
Could be, but we aren't built to run. That's been an issue all year. Essentially, our only two athletic transition players are Maxey and Matisse. Some of these lineups are an issue when we aren't getting stops. Harden-Milton/Furkan-Niang-Harris-Jordan/Millsap is a very un-athletic lineup. Who's getting stops in the lineup lol . Depth is an issue
Old 03-11-2022, 05:36 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Could be, but we aren't built to run. That's been an issue all year. Essentially, our only two athletic transition players are Maxey and Matisse. Some of these lineups are an issue when we aren't getting stops. Harden-Milton/Furkan-Niang-Harris-Jordan/Millsap is a very un-athletic lineup. Who's getting stops in the lineup lol . Depth is an issue
Thats what I thought at first but then we don't typically equate making the extra pass with the transition game so thats when I wondered if he was saying they don't play defense for the full 24 seconds.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:46 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Thats what I thought at first but then we don't typically equate making the extra pass with the transition game so thats when I wondered if he was saying they don't play defense for the full 24 seconds.
It comes and goes for them. Joel's definitely the anchor, but he doesn't always give the effort in order to persevere energy and he avoids obvious foul situations. It gets contagious for them at times. When Joel or Matisse is fully engaged, the team steps it up. But, at times they don't try
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2022, 05:53 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It comes and goes for them. Joel's definitely the anchor, but he doesn't always give the effort in order to persevere energy and he avoids obvious foul situations. It gets contagious for them at times. When Joel or Matisse is fully engaged, the team steps it up. But, at times they don't try
Game was ugly as can be for Philly, but Matisse was the one bright spot until it got completely out of hand. He was doing a great job of just being a pest by playing the passing lanes and poking at the ball.

He gives up too many inches to guard Durant, but the few times he did Durant had to work harder than normal to create his shot.

An extreme form of coming and going are the Lakers. LeBron's effort is more contagious than Covid man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »