Home

2022 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2022 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #81
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2022 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
How bad do you think Is Fourniers contract is ? Seems like a good piece to use for a trade and he doesn’t have injury concerns.
I'd be fine with him coming in a deal. 2 years at 19 mil with a 3rd year at 20 which is a team option.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2022, 08:18 PM   #82
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Stein claiming that in these Lakers "rumors" that the Lakers do not want to take on more players with injury history. So in the two biggest/most likely of the trades available they would prefer to land Rozier over Hayward in a Hornets trade (and I'm just assuming the same would apply to Brogdon).

In theory a Lakers-Hornets trade could still happen. Something like Rozier, Oubre, Plumlee gets them close enough for the money to work. Rozier is on like a 5 year deal, so this helps Charlotte to a degree.. But I can't imagine they are nearly as motivated if that move doesn't clear Hayward from their books, and if it takes the picks to entice them I doubt the Lakers want to waist their only trade-able picks on a deal centered around Rozier either. Still though if Hayward can be moved in another trade, or by adding a 3rd team to this trade, I could see that scenario playing out in some form or another.

Pacers move seems incredibly unlikely if that is the case. Part of the allure of getting off Hield + Brogdon (pause) would be because they need to resign Turner. With Brogdon out of the mix it would take Turner + Hield to make a trade. Turner is on a team friendly 18mil deal that is expiring after next season. For that move to happen they would either have to be hitting the reset button hard to build around Haliburton and Duarte hoping for good picks and cap flexibility, or believe that with all that cap space they can actually land a big fish in FA to play with them after next year.

Simple fact of the matter is the Lakers aren’t really in a position to dictate who they get for Westbrook. They’re either gonna be stuck going through another messy season with him, trade him for whatever they can get, or buy him out and just be done with it.

If Brogdon or Hayward is what they can get, that’s still a major upgrade for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 04-18-2022, 09:11 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I was just telling someone a little while ago, that if you're trying to get rid of a player that is a problem for you, then you have to take back players who have issues of their own.

Hayward, Brogdon, Rozier I'll take any of those guys to get rid of Russ, no Randle though.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Do they Lakers really think they are going to get better offers for the 47 million contract then

Hayward
hield / brogdon
Maybe something with NY

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Simple fact of the matter is the Lakers aren’t really in a position to dictate who they get for Westbrook. They’re either gonna be stuck going through another messy season with him, trade him for whatever they can get, or buy him out and just be done with it.

If Brogdon or Hayward is what they can get, that’s still a major upgrade for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree with all this.

Some of it is tough to gauge because even if there is a slight amount of truth to any of the rumors we don’t know what the complimentary pieces are to match salary.

The “reports” claiming the Lakers prefer Rozier to Hayward in a return because of health reasons.. but in my head I’m thinking Hayward AND Rozier makes the most sense for both sides. Clears by far the most long term money for the Hornets, and the Lakers get two guys that can help them, one of them being the guy they want even if the other does get hurt.

But I’m not sure Charlotte wants to lose both, they could maybe shop Rozier for multiple young/cheap pieces elsewhere. Or keep him because his contract isn’t horrible.. Lakers would not be shedding any salary in that move, given the Caruso decision I’m sure whatever trade they make they would rather lose some salary than gain a bit more. They could solve that moving THT/Nunn in this deal, perhaps they also don’t want to do that either. Lakers also commit to lots of long term money with Rozier and Hayward.

I find the New York trade most unlikely. I don’t think the Lakers would want any of those players and I don’t think the Knicks would want Westbrook either. Realistically somebody is going to want picks to take the contract, I feel the Lakers would rather keep Westbrook for 1 more year, or buy him out than they would trade first round picks for Fournier and Burks. I could have seen them making that move at the deadline trying to save the season, but not now and not for two picks.

Some teams with cap space might take the contract for the picks. OKC or maybe Detroit. Favors and Muscala for Westbrook and picks is a “bad” trade but gives the Lakers some cap room to add pieces/retain Monk this off-season. Or revisiting the Jerami Grant trade.. I personally believe Grant is way overrated and the Lakers would be the only team to offer a first for him, much less two of them if that was the move. I think he’s a horrible fit for their roster, and they already have a somewhat similar player in Gabriel now anyways on a much more team-friendly, role-friendly deal.. Grant still views himself as a guy who needs 20 shots a night. Of course it’s likely better than keeping Russ and he easily could be worked into a 3-team deal going elsewhere, like for their guy Rozier as an example.

Pacers trade still feels the best for the Lakers overall. No matter which combination of players. If there is any truth to that at all I’d imagine that’s the move they want to pursue. I’m not big on Hield anymore but he looked better after his change of scenery and there is no doubt that shooting and just off ball play in general is a need for them.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:44 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

"Charlotte is dismissing coach James Borrego, sources tell ESPN."
Old 04-22-2022, 12:13 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
"Charlotte is dismissing coach James Borrego, sources tell ESPN."

Kinda weird I thought he had done well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2022, 03:09 PM   #86
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I hope that the new Hornets coach is a guy who wants Russ.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:33 PM   #87
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Kinda weird I thought he had done well?
I'm no Hornets insider, but it seems like the on-court product was fine, but he had issues with some of the players (particularly James Bouknight) off the court and obviously the season ended in kinda embarrassing fashion for them.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 04-22-2022, 05:36 PM   #88
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I'm no Hornets insider, but it seems like the on-court product was fine, but he had issues with some of the players (particularly James Bouknight) off the court and obviously the season ended in kinda embarrassing fashion for them.

What happened with Bouk?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »