Home

Manchester United Warms Up For PES 2009

This is a discussion on Manchester United Warms Up For PES 2009 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Manchester United Warms Up For PES 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
As for the lesser leagues, i'd find it hard to believe that EA would have exclusive licenses for leagues like Belgium, Portugal let alone Ireland and Australia. Its likely more a case that Konami don't see these full leagues as worthwhile to pay licensing fees for, and thats when they opt to acquire licences on a club by club basis to ensure they at least acquire the licences for the more recognisable teams (like Porto and Anderlecht etc).
Exactly, it's not like in FIFA 08 I actually play with the Portuguese, Brazilian, Scandinavian teams but I think it is cool that they are there. However, I can live without PES having those teams. The only major positive about having all those leagues is that player pool's for National Teams are very deep and you could place any onto there which I liked.

But PES has more International teams...so it's 50/50. I don't understand why PES took away Venezuela and doesn't just include them as well as Bolivia for the South American teams.

I don't mind having less club teams (even if the player pool is shortened and as long as some big name teams from other leagues are included) but at least have the real names and kits for the ones you do have. In an ideal world, PES would go back to its former self on the next gen consoles and include a bit more National teams, with deeper player pools (of about 30-40 like in FIFA) as well as have all fully licensed teams in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Eredivisie, Ligue 1, and Bundesliga.

That's just me though.

EDIT - And oh yeah, one more thing that I'd like to see is coaches on the sidelines. Madden and NBA games do this, why can't soccer games? Coaches are a big part of the sport and should be included in the games and should on occasion have animations of them frustrated, excited etc. FIFA would probably get all real names and license them while PES would probably allow you to edit their appearance (from looks to attire) to perfection. The first series to do this would get extra brownie points.

Last edited by PeruvianPlaya954; 09-19-2008 at 03:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »