Home

New IGN Videos(show the slow speed!)

This is a discussion on New IGN Videos(show the slow speed!) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:30 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
New IGN Videos(show the slow speed!)

Very nice vids.

You can really see the adjusted pace, and i love the ball physics especially when the ball goes into the net.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/142/14261714/vids_1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: New IGN Videos(show the slow speed!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
Very nice vids.

You can really see the adjusted pace, and i love the ball physics especially when the ball goes into the net.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/142/14261714/vids_1.html
Nice find, the ball physics are definitely much improved. The player models are as well.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Oh my: It's gonna be a GREAT year for soccer

Best Net physics in history! It looks oh so sweet when the ball crashes through the net. Overall, it's lookin' very solid.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

As a PES fan since WE7, I am so disappointed with this franchise. This game look horrible aside from the net after scoring. I don't understand how after all this time it still only uses eight directional control. It is beyond me why this has not be corrected yet since it makes the player movements very unrealistic, inhuman. As also shown by the video, the passing and passing animations are unfixed. I cannot count the number of times in PES 2008 where my passes were either too weak or not in the space I wished to play them. This looks to be much of the same with passing seeing too much on a string with a pace that is too slow. The players still move faster then the ball! I just do not see the a substantial difference between this game and that of 2008. PES makes many promises continuously feeding us with excitement saying that the next instillation will be the true next gen and what I end up getting is a rehash of the flawed system that was evident in every next gen game of the series. At this point, I would rather then just port over the older WE games with updated rosters and licenses because the gameplay has deteriorated greatly, and the videos show much of the same.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

That has a very nice pace! That is looking really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
As a PES fan since WE7, I am so disappointed with this franchise. This game look horrible aside from the net after scoring. I don't understand how after all this time it still only uses eight directional control. It is beyond me why this has not be corrected yet since it makes the player movements very unrealistic, inhuman. As also shown by the video, the passing and passing animations are unfixed. I cannot count the number of times in PES 2008 where my passes were either too weak or not in the space I wished to play them. This looks to be much of the same with passing seeing too much on a string with a pace that is too slow. The players still move faster then the ball! I just do not see the a substantial difference between this game and that of 2008. PES makes many promises continuously feeding us with excitement saying that the next instillation will be the true next gen and what I end up getting is a rehash of the flawed system that was evident in every next gen game of the series. At this point, I would rather then just port over the older WE games with updated rosters and licenses because the gameplay has deteriorated greatly, and the videos show much of the same.
Sadly in the same boat as you - I 100% agree. PES is starting to lose its touch. Let's just hope, for my sake at least, that the PC version will be able to be customized as always - there's no chance in hell I would buy it for the ps3.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

I'm nowhere near an expert when it comes to soccer but just like last year I feel like the ball isn't moving/rolling fast enough. It's hard to explain but something looks off to me concerning the ball movement, as if there is too much resistance from the ground. This seems to create a discrepancy between player speed and pass speed. Anyone else notice this or is it all in my head? This was just fine on last gen.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am trying to see what everyone seems to from this videos, that PES has improved. I just see the same game as last year. In the last generation the gameplay looked and felt realistic, where the graphics did not. Now, I have to say that both aspects of the game just do not seem realistic at all. After watching 4 of the 8 Champions League games yesterday, I do not see any similarities between soccer and PES outside of few simpler maneuvers. At this point, Konami should just scrap the next gen code and port over WE9 with the Champions League license and updated rosters, kits and you will have a game that is far and away better then the current instillation. For all of you who do see an improvement (outside of the next physics) what are they?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »