Home

PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

This is a discussion on PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #65
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

Finally picked up a copy today......

I'm impressed. Something changed between the demo and the final version...the speed feels right, passes don't seem to pinball like the demo, etc etc etc.

I'm a FIFA fan after last year's game, but I'm seriously considering shelving FIFA in favor of PES. I've only played 2 games, but I'm really enjoying the gameplay so far.

But...if online play is as bad as it was last year, then I will have to rethink again. Not too mention the fact that there doesn't seem to be any roster updates, and I can't find anything that seems to allow for them. Plus, it seems like if I want to use option files, I'm gonna have to get one of those gameshark-things....c'mon Konami! It's 2008, our consoles are hooked up to high-speed connections, why there isn't a server where we can connect and share files is beyond me.

soo....good (maybe great) game, so far. But the small things might conspire to sink it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Matt, what changes did you make to animations and controls?
I have to look it up - but I saw someone said that by changing the dribbling animations for specific players has greatly improved the running animations that looked a bit 'funny' before. Not sure where I saw this thread though, will have to dig.

As far as controls - simply made the dash button (ps3) the same as FIFA, so R1 is strafe, R2 is dash/sprint.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #67
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

good posts matt on the impressions.. that is how I feel

any good option files we can use on American PS3 matt?

Last edited by steveeee; 11-14-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #68
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

online play is MUCH MUCH improved in terms of lag.

...but there is maybe a huge oversight. I played 2 ranked games and the set difficulty is on BEGINNER! Imagine how annoyed people will get if they lost on a goal where their ai teammate didn't "move" ? online dagger in the heart

It feels like a fifa game online where your AI teammates do a lot of standing around. No wonder I saw a lot of high scores in the lobby. in my games it felt like a chore to play defense and you had to do a lot of things on your own. I'm complaining even though I won both games, because it was really clear the defending portion of the game was really dumbed down on BEGINNER.

At the VERY least it should be locked on the middle level....maybe I am wrong , I hope I am, because if this is true online against randoms are in the toilet

Last edited by phillyfan23; 11-14-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23

...but there is maybe a huge oversight. I played 2 ranked games and the set difficulty is on BEGINNER! Imagine how annoyed people will get if they lost on a goal where their ai teammate didn't "move" ? online dagger in the heart

It feels like a fifa game online where your AI teammates do a lot of standing around. No wonder I saw a lot of high scores in the lobby. in my games it felt like a chore to play defense and you had to do a lot of things on your own. I'm complaining even though I won both games, because it was really clear the defending portion of the game was really dumbed down on BEGINNER.

At the VERY least it should be locked on the middle level....maybe I am wrong , I hope I am, because if this is true online against randoms are in the toilet
Yes this is one of the many complaints coming from the European gamers. It seemed that every PES forum I encountered, there were many threads condemning Konami's decision to lock the online difficulty to Beginner, hence the lack of decent AI teammates defensively. Hmmmmmmmm we'll have to wait and see.......Yo phillyfan, would you say the lag+responsiveness of PES 09 is superior to the lag+responsiveness of FIFA 09 online?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
good posts matt on the impressions.. that is how I feel

any good option files we can use on American PS3 matt?
glad you feel the same way

here is the option file that I know of for N/A PS3

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=66312
Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #71
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23

Imagine how annoyed people will get if they lost on a goal where their ai teammate didn't "move" ?
So, then it's just like FIFA 08 then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #72
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
Yes this is one of the many complaints coming from the European gamers. It seemed that every PES forum I encountered, there were many threads condemning Konami's decision to lock the online difficulty to Beginner, hence the lack of decent AI teammates defensively. Hmmmmmmmm we'll have to wait and see.......Yo phillyfan, would you say the lag+responsiveness of PES 09 is superior to the lag+responsiveness of FIFA 09 online?
As far as responsiveness/lag it's pretty good. 95 percent as smooth as offline. From the 4 games I've played I dont think people will complain about the lag/responsiveness. This is on offense by the way.

Playing defense online is ABSOLUTELY BUSH LEAGUE. It is WORSE than fifa's online, because fifa online the teammate ai acts like its offline counterparts. rather dumb. So defense in pes online isn't bad because of lag, but it's bad due to bad logic.

Pes online,the ai acts nothing like its offline counterparts. They act extremely ******** online. I'm not even talking about staying still, I'm seeing my teammate ai going AWAY from a defensive position. And this isn't it either,it also effects the user defender. Say they have a 2 on 2 break, you switch to the last defender, as soon as you switch about 50 percent of the times, the player will move away from the play basically giving the opponent a 2 on 1. Seeing this throughout the pitch.

Obviously this affects the offense as well, no wonder it was way too easy for me to score and maneuver. Takes the great feeling away from actually scoring and winning....

One on one battles? don't get me started there....some guy brought park ji sung all over the field thru 6 defenders, the defense also has attribute reductions it seems. Absolutely HORRIBLE....whoever decided this is a moron.

Pes 2007 online on 360 was decent had many good games there, pes 2008 was lag fest....pes 2009 fixed the lag but messed up the level. It might only be playable in private matches, where hopefully we can switch the level difficulty.

thank god offline, this is the best sports game this year for me...I'd rather take a great offline and a dud online game rather the other way around. But it'd be nice if the online was playable...

so guys who want to play private matches please give me your PSN ID....i have never played ps3 online I forgot my ID heheh...

Last edited by phillyfan23; 11-15-2008 at 02:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »