Home

PES 09 Option File Sources

This is a discussion on PES 09 Option File Sources within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #9
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PES 09 Option File Sources

Yeah, it sounds like the editing options are much better too, so hopefully we see more here too.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #10
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I was playing WE 9 last night on my Xbox. Next to ESPN NFL 2K5 there was no better sports game made last generation imo. I missed seeing the team emblems overlayed on the pitch before the kickoff. I hope they bring some of the little details like that back. Not to mention plaing in the snow during a PL game.
I forgot they took that feature out but WE 9 was soo awesome, it had so many things that were done right. People complained there were too many fouls but I thought it was perfect, you was also able to mix and match kits in that game too which I don't understand why they eventually took it out in. I still have the game but just no Xbox
Old 11-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
People complained there were too many fouls but I thought it was perfect
I played another game of WE9 last night (Chelsea me 1 - Man U cpu 0, 15 minute halves) and the flow of the game, number of fouls called, and the fact that a Man U CB got a yellow card are all indications of WE9s greatness. I've been playing FIFA 09 and even though I love the graphics and think the gameplay is top notch, EA still hasn't figured out how to get the extras in, I never see the cpu get a card, and there are too few fouls. Set pieces are a huge part of the game and they are mostly missing from FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #12
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I played another game of WE9 last night (Chelsea me 1 - Man U cpu 0, 15 minute halves) and the flow of the game, number of fouls called, and the fact that a Man U CB got a yellow card are all indications of WE9s greatness. I've been playing FIFA 09 and even though I love the graphics and think the gameplay is top notch, EA still hasn't figured out how to get the extras in, I never see the cpu get a card, and there are too few fouls. Set pieces are a huge part of the game and they are mostly missing from FIFA.
Are you playing this on the PS2? Are there current option files for the game?
Old 11-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
Pro

asu666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Are you playing this on the PS2? Are there current option files for the game?
On my original Xbox. WE9 saves are locked unless you use the WE9 file tools in the game. I've got every team, player, cup, league, stadium names, and uniforms edited as close to real as possible. I even have all of the team emblems in the game. Everything is unlocked too. It only took a few years and serveral hundred games too.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #14
Pro

asu666's Arena

Another nice touch from my game last night was one of my forwards was called over and warned, but no card was given. The close up showed him walking over to the ref and putting his hands together like he was praying while he explained what happen. The ref gestured for him to cut it out and the spot kick was taken. That's not in FIFA.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #15
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
On my original Xbox. WE9 saves are locked unless you use the WE9 file tools in the game. I've got every team, player, cup, league, stadium names, and uniforms edited as close to real as possible. I even have all of the team emblems in the game. Everything is unlocked too. It only took a few years and serveral hundred games too.
Thanks, might have to look into a PC version. Sounds like you have a nice setup going!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #16
Pro

asu666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Yeah, it sounds like the editing options are much better too, so hopefully we see more here too.
Yep, there wasn't much reason to sink a bunch of time into the other current gen versions because the options were so limited. I'm not sure if I'll be able to completely wean myself from FIFA 09 or WE9, but another great option never hurts. I'll probably order a copy from the UK next year so I don't have to wait so long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »