Home

PES 09 Option File Sources

This is a discussion on PES 09 Option File Sources within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #25
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PES 09 Option File Sources

The 360 is a pain for editing. The 360 doesn't let you copy any images to the hard drive at all, so you have to do everything through the vision camera (which ends up looking quirky).

I can look at pictures from my PC on 360, but PES won't recognize them.

I set up my laptop and vision cam to take a picture of each logo, and it looks ok, but nothing great.

I would have no idea how to share this all out too.

This is probably why there isn't a 360 option file.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #26
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
The file should work if WE9 is supported on 360. You won't be able to use an original Xbox file without some means to transfer it to your 360. I'm not sure how that works. I know there is a hard drive attachment that lets your computer access your 360's hard drive via USB connection. You might try a search for Xbox 360 saves and see if there are any sites out there that have posted the already converted files.

Option files can be a pain on consoles. It either takes a lot of time to build them, or the transfer is typically difficult. It's worth it if you get it up and running though. Outside of ESPN NFL 2K5 there was no other sports game that can measure up to WE9 last gen imo.
Thanks for the reply. I think the xsata device works to copy xbox option files over to the 360. I have one of those so it should work, although on some forums they say it doesn't work. Did an OS search, and it seems to work though.

When you say that your option file is up to date, have you made the player moves on your own? I assume that latest option files are only updated to a certain date in the past. Sorry for all of the questions, thanks for answering.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #27
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
The 360 is a pain for editing. The 360 doesn't let you copy any images to the hard drive at all, so you have to do everything through the vision camera (which ends up looking quirky).

I can look at pictures from my PC on 360, but PES won't recognize them.

I set up my laptop and vision cam to take a picture of each logo, and it looks ok, but nothing great.

I would have no idea how to share this all out too.

This is probably why there isn't a 360 option file.
Yep, it sounds like the 360 is going to be a difficult console for those looking to trim out Option Files, or find them for download. The gameplay is still top notch though. I would be okay with making some of the easier edits and then improving things as I go along.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #28
Pro

asu666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
When you say that your option file is up to date, have you made the player moves on your own? I assume that latest option files are only updated to a certain date in the past. Sorry for all of the questions, thanks for answering.
Oh no, I mean that my option file is reflective of 2005. I try to keep my sports games synced to the period they were relased. I shoudl have said that it has all the teams named correctly, the players from that season on those teams with more accurate ratings, the stadia named, the cups/trophies named, all the real team emblems, and any thing else that could be edited that I'm forgetting.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

mrgametight from PESgaming has released his base option file for the US version of the game:

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=66312
Old 11-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #30
Pro

asu666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
mrgametight from PESgaming has released his base option file for the US version of the game
I just downloaded it. I'll give it a try once I get me PS3 version. Thanks for the link.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #31
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I just downloaded it. I'll give it a try once I get me PS3 version. Thanks for the link.
What steps did u take? I cant get it to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #32
All Star

poster's Arena

Quote:
Oh no, I mean that my option file is reflective of 2005. I try to keep my sports games synced to the period they were relased. I shoudl have said that it has all the teams named correctly, the players from that season on those teams with more accurate ratings, the stadia named, the cups/trophies named, all the real team emblems, and any thing else that could be edited that I'm forgetting.
Thanks man, no worries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »