Home

Be A Pro (FIFA) VS. Be A Legend (PES)

This is a discussion on Be A Pro (FIFA) VS. Be A Legend (PES) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Be A Pro (FIFA) VS. Be A Legend (PES)

Simple Question:

Overall, which is better and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Be A Pro (FIFA) VS. Be A Legend (PES)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
Simple Question:

Overall, which is better and why?
I can't speak for the off the field stuff such as goals, progression and such(people have been saying this part is much better and organizedd in FIFA)

.....but I have played player lock on both and PES blows fifa away in terms of the gameplay.

We all know that PES gameplay >> Fifa gameplay and it really shows as well in the BAP and BAL portion. I want to be a part of a team that makes good decisions most of the time and flows like a real football team. PES does this better IMO

I've been playing matches with Italy either as Toni or Ambrosini, and man you really need to play like the players' respective positions.

NOTHING feels better then to hand off a pass to your winger (camoranesi in my case) and then rush into the box to look for a heading/volley position....even if I don't score there is that feeling of satisfaction when you pull off something like this. Or I played as Nakamura as the "playmaker" and making killer passes to the CFs.

Also, to succeed and really feel part of the team you really need to play like your player. For instance, with Ambrosini, I took great pride in being the ballhound and made sure I'll clear as often as possible being the DMF, or when the chance arises I'll rush to the box to look for headers since Ambro is damn good with his head

It's really a good feature....I never knew PES had player lock...did it have player lock last year?

If it did, I guess i 've been missing out on this feature.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
I can't speak for the off the field stuff such as goals, progression and such(people have been saying this part is much better and organizedd in FIFA)

.....but I have played player lock on both and PES blows fifa away in terms of the gameplay.

We all know that PES gameplay >> Fifa gameplay and it really shows as well in the BAP and BAL portion. I want to be a part of a team that makes good decisions most of the time and flows like a real football team. PES does this better IMO

I've been playing matches with Italy either as Toni or Ambrosini, and man you really need to play like the players' respective positions.

NOTHING feels better then to hand off a pass to your winger (camoranesi in my case) and then rush into the box to look for a heading/volley position....even if I don't score there is that feeling of satisfaction when you pull off something like this. Or I played as Nakamura as the "playmaker" and making killer passes to the CFs.

Also, to succeed and really feel part of the team you really need to play like your player. For instance, with Ambrosini, I took great pride in being the ballhound and made sure I'll clear as often as possible being the DMF, or when the chance arises I'll rush to the box to look for headers since Ambro is damn good with his head

It's really a good feature....I never knew PES had player lock...did it have player lock last year?

If it did, I guess i 've been missing out on this feature.
Yes, Pes has had player lock for years.

I have always enjoyed playing this way with my friends.

I think its funny that many reviewers have listed the fact that your cpu teammates don't always pass you the ball when you call for it as a negative.

I find it to be extremely realistic! They will pass you the ball if you make good runs and work yourself into space, but they wont force the ball to you if you a marked well.

I LOVE this new mode. I had played with the player lock for the last few years so this mode is something that I really enoy.

I highly recommend this to anyone who has actually played soccer, as it reminds me of all the fun of playing soccer in high School.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
Yes, Pes has had player lock for years.

I have always enjoyed playing this way with my friends.

I think its funny that many reviewers have listed the fact that your cpu teammates don't always pass you the ball when you call for it as a negative.

I find it to be extremely realistic! They will pass you the ball if you make good runs and work yourself into space, but they wont force the ball to you if you a marked well.

I LOVE this new mode. I had played with the player lock for the last few years so this mode is something that I really enoy.

I highly recommend this to anyone who has actually played soccer, as it reminds me of all the fun of playing soccer in high School.
I think they do have a right to complain that it doesn't have that feature though. I do agree with your thought that it is more realistic where you don't call for the pass and have to get open to be fed to. I think that's half the fun of the player lock mode as you need to find good position and space. Even in nhl 09 player lock , I never called for a pass even though we could.

But, options are our friend. A lot of players out there are not simheads like you and me, so they would like the ball/puck a lot more than in reality.....so I wouldn't mind having that option in PES for those gamers that prefer to play that way. If it has no effect on the way I choose to play, no problem at all.

I guess i HAVE been missing out on player lock all of these years, never found out till this year....better late than never as they say hehe

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »