Home

PES 2010 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2010 Demo Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #17
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: PES 2010 Demo Impressions

I believe FIFA would win hands down except the CPU AI feels the same no matter who you play, and they always have same forward runs = no midfield play. PES does have midfield play, and teams and players feel different.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 14

Pretty unimpressed with it - player movement is terribly sluggish, passing is erratic (often my A-button passes go to the wrong player, and through balls often end up going behind the player than into the wide open space in front of him) and for some reason its easier to hit the target from outside the 18-yard box than from inside the 6-yard box!?! The button responsiveness for passing and shooting if also very slow...worse than past FIFAs.

The AI is the best part of the demo - when i played Liverpool, they did an amazing job of holding the ball and building up the attack (eg: they pass back if i close down their forward targets, switch play and try again). However, CPU defenders still have the bad habit of parting and being forced waaaaaaaay out of position for no reason (ie: the opposition RCB and RB end up switching positions when i attack the inside left channel).

Based on the demos, FIFA is the more enjoyable overall experience. Not sure if i'll bother with PES this season.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:36 AM   #19
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

I am liking what I have seen so far, as others have mentioned the graphical upgrade is nice alone. Also like the different type strategies where you could set the percentage of times your players switch position and things like opening up the width of the field or compacting your team and how much they pressure the ball, good stuff.

I don't have a problem with the control of the players the agile guys are agile and the guys that are a little bigger and not so agile feel that way, I guess the trick will be to see if you can use their size to your advantage.

Only played a little of the FIFA demo, but I must have a completely different perception of what player models and animations are supposed to look like the FIFA guys are all so skinny and look very similar body wise. Other than that I haven't played it enough to judge.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 14

Has anyone managed to win a penalty? Have penalty kicks been changed/improved in any way?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #21
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Player movement is not that good but damn the graphics look good. The sound on the pitch is horrible. Every pass sounds way to hard and the crowd needs some life. AI was pretty good at times although I put my teammates in bad spots because my PES skills are rusty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #22
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree, the player movement is horrendous, sluggish and unresponsive. The player models and pitch look very good as does the cpu AI. Shooting and passing is terrible, it seems like you can only score a few different goals, I would like to see more variety.

I'm not impressed at all with either FIFA or PES 10 demos, if they aren't improved significantly in the final build I will not be buying either game - I'll stick to PES 09.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #23
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

I've played the FIFA 10 demo and enjoyed it, even though too much like '09 (with the pros and cons that many have brought up).

I downloaded the PES 2010 demo this morning, expecting it to play like last year.

Boy, was I wrong. PES 2010 brings back WE9 visions to me. This is just my opinion, but if both demos are similar to their retails, I choose PES. Let me first say that the game is far from perfect. But, I was having so much fun playing the PES demo, I was smiling alot of the time!

The pros and cons have been mentioned, but I just love this demo. PES's CPU AI is second to none. Playing the CPU feels like a chess match compared to FIFA. The build-up of their offense is incredible. There is a major difference between playing Spain and Italy. Every side plays according to their tactics and individual players play to their skills and how they are to be used like their cards say. Using France, I can actually build the attack through Gourcuff (still pissed Milan gave him up...) and everyone comes up and sets up offensively around him. Insane.

The CPU will lob pass across the field to set up an attack. HUH?!?! When's the last time you that with the other game? They will shoot from outside the box...just anything you would think from an opponent with a brain. The pace is on point. No nonstop chasing anyone. Ping pong passing is still kinda there, but since the computer isn't flying up the field, you can tolerate. The sound of the passes can be annoying, but I just turned down the sound effects.

I very much dislike the penalty shot view. It sucks. I hope something is done about that before release. I should be happy that fouls were called when I had the ball, especially in the box.

I really like the setup in the options menu. It's not hard to deal with. Actually, it's fun going through them and knowing they will work.

I could go on on...I am in love with this demo.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:35 AM   #24
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
Has anyone managed to win a penalty? Have penalty kicks been changed/improved in any way?
Only seen penalty in fifa demo, not PES.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »