Home

PES 2010 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2010 Demo Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PES 2010 Demo Impressions

By the way, the modding has already happened - McLeo from EvoWeb (linked above) has released the patch for the PC version. that added Man united, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Inter Milan in place of the national teams.

http://uploading.com/files/584a5d68/pedp.exe/

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #66
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Goodness, the difference between PES 09 and 10 is like night and day. Whereas PES 09 had some of the most arcade gameplay I've ever seen in a football game, PES 10 seems to be based on PES 5.

The controls feel QUITE sluggish when you take control of anybody who's not very good at dribbling, which is realistic. However, with all that being said, I'll still buy both games, but I think FIFA will be getting more play time from me this year. I'm willing to sacrifice some realism for the sake of fun gameplay when it comes to football, and FIFA is already sim enough for me. I have a feeling PES' controls will just frustrate me.

Not that I have anything against the game, of course. Those who enjoy ultra realism in football may rejoice, because it appears that PES is back. I know I'll be playing it whenever I'm in the mood for serious gameplay.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
Goodness, the difference between PES 09 and 10 is like night and day. Whereas PES 09 had some of the most arcade gameplay I've ever seen in a football game, PES 10 seems to be based on PES 5.

The controls feel QUITE sluggish when you take control of anybody who's not very good at dribbling, which is realistic. However, with all that being said, I'll still buy both games, but I think FIFA will be getting more play time from me this year. I'm willing to sacrifice some realism for the sake of fun gameplay when it comes to football, and FIFA is already sim enough for me. I have a feeling PES' controls will just frustrate me.

Not that I have anything against the game, of course. Those who enjoy ultra realism in football may rejoice, because it appears that PES is back. I know I'll be playing it whenever I'm in the mood for serious gameplay.
I'm completely unsure now. I have always been a hardcore player now, and the failure of my two sports games (Soccer and football) on the console has resulted in my love for the PC to come back.

The fact that PES10 seems to be so promising, it reminds me that there is SOOOO much modding capabilities. I cannot wait for someone to create a Championship patch.

As for FIFA, the demo is not enough to pick it over PES10 PC demo...I'm honestly unsure about whether or not I will go for FIFA, the gameplay still doesn't feel right and feels "floaty" - something FIFA has always had a problem with in my opinion. It's like FIFA 2000 if anyone can remember the way that game felt.

Still love the fact that there is actually competition for the best sport in the world.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #68
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree, it's terrific to have two good games representing the sport, and none of them can be called "arcade". The way I see it, they're both sim, only different. You get to pick the flavor you want. I know I'll definitely be getting both, it's only the play time each game will get that will differ.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #69
MVP

lnin0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
liked it better than the fifa demo.
Same here. FIFA demo felt the same as last year and the AI in that just drives me nuts sometimes. It does not play like a game of soccer. PES feels more like soccer even though it doesn't look at good, have all the great animations, teams or the smoothest controls. I know I won't be getting FIFA again this year. I will wait on the fence until I hear some real time multiplayer reviews of PES>
Old 09-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
The way I see it, they're both sim, only different. You get to pick the flavor you want.
Well said. The key for me is both PES and FIFA bring something to the table this year. Last two years I could not get into PES so it was a one man show - FIFA. I actually very much prefer PES2010 so far, even based on a less than perfect demo. The more you play the better it feels, just like the old days. I cannot stop playing the demo.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:46 AM   #71
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick65
Well said. The key for me is both PES and FIFA bring something to the table this year. Last two years I could not get into PES so it was a one man show - FIFA. I actually very much prefer PES2010 so far, even based on a less than perfect demo. The more you play the better it feels, just like the old days. I cannot stop playing the demo.
I agree. the more you play it the better it gets. can't wait for it to come out. Nothing else will be in the ps3 once it does
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #72
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Signature styles ala NBA2K is the way to go. Individuality goes a LONG way in making a great video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »