Home

Option file question

This is a discussion on Option file question within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Intelx's Arena

OVR: 7
Option file question

Hey OS fam,

I will be getting this years game and was wondering whether i needed to have purchased the European version for the PS3 in order to be able to enjoy the option files? Any info in this regards would be appreciated.

cheers,

Intelx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Option file question

Intelx,

Yes, if you are a US-based gamer, I would definitely recommend going to a website such as game.co.uk and ordering the European version. As a player of PES 2009 here in the States, I hated not being able to use the best and most-updated option files (which, inevitably, were only for the European version), and having to resort to either old (i.e. no mid-season transfers) or no-longer-updated USA option files.

If you're using an HD television, you don't have to worry about the European version not playing on your PlayStation 3. I'm sure someone else will chime in with further details here.

For PES, the European version is a no-brainer! Hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
Rookie

richie923's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydangerously
Intelx,

Yes, if you are a US-based gamer, I would definitely recommend going to a website such as game.co.uk and ordering the European version. As a player of PES 2009 here in the States, I hated not being able to use the best and most-updated option files (which, inevitably, were only for the European version), and having to resort to either old (i.e. no mid-season transfers) or no-longer-updated USA option files.

If you're using an HD television, you don't have to worry about the European version not playing on your PlayStation 3. I'm sure someone else will chime in with further details here.

For PES, the European version is a no-brainer! Hope this helps.
I'm considering getting PES 2010 this year. But do you know for sure that no one in the US makes an option file for the US version?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie923
I'm considering getting PES 2010 this year. But do you know for sure that no one in the US makes an option file for the US version?
Usually the problem isn't so much that nobody does option files for the US/NA version; it's that the European files typically are more plentiful, of better quality, and appear on the scene earlier.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hello,

I will be getting the game also but on the 360. As this is the first time I will be purchasing PES on the next gen system I am unfamiliar on how to obtain an option file. Is it possible without an internet connection. Also, will I face difficulty in finding a well created option file as I am purchasing the NA edition? Please if anyone can help and walk me through this process as I am new to this I would greatly appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
goz
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
Hello,

I will be getting the game also but on the 360. As this is the first time I will be purchasing PES on the next gen system I am unfamiliar on how to obtain an option file. Is it possible without an internet connection. Also, will I face difficulty in finding a well created option file as I am purchasing the NA edition? Please if anyone can help and walk me through this process as I am new to this I would greatly appreciate it.
What up Spartan. To answer your questions, you do not need internet connection on your xbox but you do need it on your computer to get the Option File. You also need 2 things, a memory card and a transfer Kit made by Datel, this thing http://www.amazon.com/Transfer-Kit-X...=operasport-20. And yes you will find it a bit difficult to find a decent OF for the NA version especially for Xbox 360. I go through this every year but eventually find a decent one. Last year I was able to use a European OF by just changing the file name to the NA version and it worked. I posted it here last year so maybe you can search for it. But because I am tired of waiting for a decent OF for the 360 NA version, I will be getting the European version seeing that their patches are 110% better. You can also go to http://PESFAN.com, http://PESGAMING.com, or http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/ for info and Patches. Good luck and use Google as it helped me out when I had no other place to go.
PEACE!
GOZ
Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

How do I go about getting the Euro version and will it work on my US 360 without having to buy an attachment?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't the you can play any games from the Euro region (PAL) on a US 360. If you have a ps3 then you're in business. The PC version would work as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »