Home

PES 2010 questions from a FIFA lifer

This is a discussion on PES 2010 questions from a FIFA lifer within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

BIGE5901's Arena

OVR: 3
PES 2010 questions from a FIFA lifer

Hey guys I'm looking to get some details on PES 2010.I'm a life long FIFA gamer and I've never actually owned a PES game and I've only played a PES game for maybe 30 minutes total in my whole life.To get this out of the way I'm definitely not a "fanboy (douche bags) but I could just never come to grips with not playing with all the licensed clubs and players.However I've been planning on buying both FIFA and PES this year for quite some time now.I was hoping that Konami would really step it up for this year but from the looks of things it didn't come out as well as I hoped.Supposedly it's still an upgrade over last years version but not as much a leap as I expected.

I've been playing FIFA for the last week or so and although it is a great game I definitely wouldn't be giving it a 9/10 like most of the reviewers have given it.I won't go into too much detail right now but there are so many little and not so little things that are wrong its a wonder how they let it ship that way without someone noticing.I don't really like to play online with any game really so the single player is where its at for me.Once again I'm super disappointed how the manager mode has turned out once again.Even after all the hype they were giving it they can't even get the weather right,but anyways that's for another post.

So for all you PES gamers out there I've been wondering a few things...

1.So whats the deal with the master league?I always hear about how its so addicting but is it pretty much like playing multiple seasons building up your club?Are their transfer windows,cups,etc?

2.One of my main gripes with FIFA the past couple of years has been the difficulty level.Even on legendary (the hardest level) its way too easy,I'm not trying to brag and no I don't use any cheap tactics/glitches.I even go as far as making a team with players not rated above 80 and still can win every game.I expect that if I put it on the hardest setting I want the cpu to play a ruthless game of football and put up a challenge.I remember a long time ago playing on Xbox like FIFA 05 or something that on legendary it was actually hard as hell and I loved it.So whats the difficulty like in PES?Does the AI actually put up a good challenge?

3.After glancing over the forums here I've been seeing talk of an option file and recommendations that North American users would be better off buying a European version,so what exactly are option files?I'm guessing that they're the files for the editing of all the clubs/players?I know that editing is a big part of PES and it would be a pain in the *** to have to edit everything on your own.Are all option files not available in NA?

Well I greatly appreciate anyone that took the time to read this and answer my questions.I thought what better place to go to get some answers about PES than the fans themselves.I'm sure theres a couple other things I'd like to know but can't think of them at the moment.Hope to hear back from some of you so I can get to know what PES is all about,thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: PES 2010 questions from a FIFA lifer

1) I don't play master league, but it's basically what you described. building your team and compete in the league and tourneys. Someone else should give you a more complete answer though.

2) PES 2010 difficulty is realistic on the highest difficulty level. In the past 2 years of PES, the game was too easy on the hardest level because it was too easy to dribble past the opposition's team. Not this year. It's a bit harder this year and harder than legendary difficulty on fifa

3) Option files are roster, uniform and transfer updates by users. They edit, they save and upload, you then download and you will have the most up to date game rosterwise. That's why many have gone the UK route for the game, because there are already complete option files, and it will continue to get better in the upcoming weeks/months.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 10-27-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:50 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

So people update the game with real player names, etc?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:01 AM   #4
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey
So people update the game with real player names, etc?

sure do. not only do u get real player names but u also get real jerseys and real name teams.

For example: Chelsea ( I think isn't licensed).....out of the box their jerseys are solid blue and their name is london Blue.

After an option file, their name is changed to Chelsea and their jerseys are edited to look like the real things down to its advertisements, stripes and the whole deal.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
goz
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGE5901

So for all you PES gamers out there I've been wondering a few things...

1.So whats the deal with the master league?I always hear about how its so addicting but is it pretty much like playing multiple seasons building up your club?Are their transfer windows,cups,etc?
http://www.pesfan.com/news/8381892/2...1/#newsarticle

http://www.pesfan.com/news/8385987/2...2/#newsarticle

They revamped Master League this year’s so it's even more addicting than before. It's one of those modes that you have to try in order to understand. These might help answer your question. Let me know if you have any more questions after.

PEACE!
GOZ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

1. Master league is what you described. When you start you have the choice of default players which are fake players which generally aren't very good or you can go with a real team. You can put them in the 2nd divison if you want and try to get promoted or you can start in the first division. Konami also have the licenses for the Champions League and the Europa League which are incroporated to the Master League as well.

2. The dificulty levels in all EA games have been a problem for some time IMO. the higher levels just give the CPU such a boost that it isn't realistic. IMO PES is not like that. It is hard but it doesn't feel cheap if you will.

3. There were Option Files last year for the North American version as well but the opinion is the ones from the UK are better. If you get the US version you can not use the UK option files.

EDIT - I forgot to mention one other thing. If you have a ps3 you can also import chants and assign them to the teams. Not sure if it can be done on the 360 or not. The chants add alot to the game IMO.

Last edited by ezio; 10-27-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
sure do. not only do u get real player names but u also get real jerseys and real name teams.

For example: Chelsea ( I think isn't licensed).....out of the box their jerseys are solid blue and their name is london Blue.

After an option file, their name is changed to Chelsea and their jerseys are edited to look like the real things down to its advertisements, stripes and the whole deal.
That's amazing. The lack of licenses was pretty much the only thing stopping me from really considering this game.

So I have to buy the game from Europe?
Old 10-28-2009, 04:48 AM   #8
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey
That's amazing. The lack of licenses was pretty much the only thing stopping me from really considering this game.

So I have to buy the game from Europe?

you don't HAVE to because there will be option files available for the American version. It's just the UK version usually will have more complete option files and released faster. I think there is already an option available for the UK version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »