Home

Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Refs

Guys, i hate to be the bearer of bad news for guys patiently awaiting this game but the refs are flat out broken.
Anyone who has played previous versions will know that the refs have always been harsh and you would get booked for the merest of touches.
Well you can forget about that in this version i am afraid, you can commit GBH and the ref won't bat an eyelid.
The worst case is in the penalty box, you will can sythed and hacked down for blantant pens but the ref gives absolutely nothing. Now to be fair it works both ways you can do exactly the same to the comp and get away with it but that is hardly the point.
This needs to be patched asap.
Sorry for the bad news
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Refs

I heard it wasn't good from other game impressions I read. What a let down, I don't understand why this isn't a major aspect of the game to the developers? Either have a slider, the option to turn fouls on/off, or call it an arcade game not a sim.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
MVP

jr86's Arena

I can understand what they were trying to do. Have a more free flowing game without all the stop starts from previous versions and for the large part it works fine in the middle of the pitch but when you get in to the box, all hell breaks loose and you are kicked and abused no end with no repurcussions
Old 10-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
All Star

poster's Arena

I just get frustrated as fouls are a huge part of matches, and games never accurately reflect this. This is where not having certain sliders is an issue as a foul slider would be golden. Just went to my mailbox at work and the game was delivered. Guess I will see how bad it is tonight.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

I actually thought the same thing for the first couple of games.

However, It's not THAT bad - and in no ways a gamebreaker. There are instances where it should have surely been a foul, but that doesn't mean you can slide in from the side or behind and not expect a foul to be called on you. The ref also lets advantage play well - but some just don't put up with slight bumps.

I have found that depending on what teams you use, you will see a bit more fouls because of their tactics. Today I played Everton (me) v Man U and before the half was over there was 16 fouls committed, and 3 yellows.

Play more games, try different regions of leagues and assess before posting - this game is a little deeper than originally thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
MVP

jr86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I actually thought the same thing for the first couple of games.

However, It's not THAT bad
- and in no ways a gamebreaker. There are instances where it should have surely been a foul, but that doesn't mean you can slide in from the side or behind and not expect a foul to be called on you. The ref also lets advantage play well - but some just don't put up with slight bumps.

I have found that depending on what teams you use, you will see a bit more fouls because of their tactics. Today I played Everton (me) v Man U and before the half was over there was 16 fouls committed, and 3 yellows.

Play more games, try different regions of leagues and assess before posting - this game is a little deeper than originally thought.
Righto, explain this one then. This happens time and time again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIbfU2yL5EI
Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Righto, explain this one then. This happens time and time again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIbfU2yL5EI
Great response, thanks. I'm not being a fanboy, believe me, I'm just saying it's not that bad - and no that does not happen time and time again. It's a game, there are glitches - I am with you in hoping that they fix this one, but to reiterate: it's not that bad.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
All Star

poster's Arena

It seems like there is little physicality in this game from the small sample of games I have played. I played two 15 minutes matches Milan - Livorno & Chelsea - Spurs. Combined less then 10 fouls total for both teams in these matches.

I made sure to slow the ball down and tried to make moves vs the defenders to see what would occur, but not much did. Will keep playing as this sample size is too small, but initially underwhelmed. Nice to see Matt's findings though as perhaps it is tactics settings based.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »