Home

PES 2010 Console Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2010 Console Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #41
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: PES 2010 Console Impressions

Oops never mind I keep thinking Pro being regular, I am playing on Pro and haven't tried Top Player yet, unless it really is a bug which would explain why I still suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 12:51 AM   #42
MVP

cookusu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23134
What exactly do you mean by these two statements? Not trying to argue, I just want a soccer game that will give me the biggest bang for my buck. It would be great if you could expound a little bit!

Thanks!
I think he got a good old fashioned rail shooter like House of the Dead confused with PES.

I like the use of Organic in a statement about a video game, but I have to admit that I often say that EA sports games are not bad, but they lack "soul".
Old 11-08-2009, 04:20 AM   #43
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookusu
Really, I played one or two games on Pro and I was so much faster than the other team, I will have to try it again it wasn't much fun, or maybe I am just way better than I realized. Which version PS3 or 360?
PS3.

The rumors started from the other forums, so I tried out Top Player. And I completely dominated. But again, I have to put in more games.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:32 AM   #44
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

I find it very kick-*** that each boot has its own personality. You can't just put any boot on a player. Some boots are built for speed. Some add more swerve. Then, there are the ones for shot accuracy. So very cool.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #45
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
PS3.

The rumors started from the other forums, so I tried out Top Player. And I completely dominated. But again, I have to put in more games.
What I have noticed is that the cpu plays a more attacking game of football on top player. I find it much easier to break down their defense on that skill level. Thus its easier for me to score. The problem is on pro they play a closed game of football that makes it harder to score but they don't attempt much offensively. Might be why you get the impression that the difficulty level's are reversed. Play with the same teams on pro and top player and watch how far back the defense plays on pro and how many people they stuff into the box on defense. On top player you will notice they play significantly further forward. Plus they can be caught out of position quite easily and can be ravaged by the lobbed through ball. My 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #46
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23134
What exactly do you mean by these two statements? Not trying to argue, I just want a soccer game that will give me the biggest bang for my buck. It would be great if you could expound a little bit!

Thanks!
No problem. FIFA to me is all about the use of space on the pitch. To really get the most out of it you have to master the manual controls. PES is very different. I don't think it has a physics system that is even close to FIFA so at times it feels 'on rails' As in players tend to move in very straight lines and the ball doesn't feel nearly as free. The gameplay is centred around possession and the age old technique of triangulating passing moves to gain ground. Long, lofted passes are nearly always precise and the game can feel quite clinical in opposition to FIFA's realistic scrappiness.

Despite all of this it remains enormous amounts of fun. It is still an absolute thrill to score a goal in PES and they almost always seem varied. Whilst I feel the game can be clinical, it can still suprise you with deflections and chaos in the box. Its so gratifying to see the ball roll into the net after a frantic scramble in the penalty area.

Also the Master League is vastly improved and is far more immersive than its FIFA counterpart. The UEFA Champions League and Europa League are fully integrated into the mode in their fully licensed glory. There is something very special about playing a game with an official broadcast package. It helps to maintain the illusion I guess.

Please feel free to ask specific questions as I've been hammering this game over the weekend.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
No problem. FIFA to me is all about the use of space on the pitch. To really get the most out of it you have to master the manual controls. PES is very different. I don't think it has a physics system that is even close to FIFA so at times it feels 'on rails' As in players tend to move in very straight lines and the ball doesn't feel nearly as free. The gameplay is centred around possession and the age old technique of triangulating passing moves to gain ground. Long, lofted passes are nearly always precise and the game can feel quite clinical in opposition to FIFA's realistic scrappiness.

Despite all of this it remains enormous amounts of fun. It is still an absolute thrill to score a goal in PES and they almost always seem varied. Whilst I feel the game can be clinical, it can still suprise you with deflections and chaos in the box. Its so gratifying to see the ball roll into the net after a frantic scramble in the penalty area.

Also the Master League is vastly improved and is far more immersive than its FIFA counterpart. The UEFA Champions League and Europa League are fully integrated into the mode in their fully licensed glory. There is something very special about playing a game with an official broadcast package. It helps to maintain the illusion I guess.

Please feel free to ask specific questions as I've been hammering this game over the weekend.
Thanks for taking the time to post that. It was very helpful. I appreciate it.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #48
MVP

cookusu's Arena

"Despite all of this it remains enormous amounts of fun. It is still an absolute thrill to score a goal in PES and they almost always seem varied. Whilst I feel the game can be clinical, it can still suprise you with deflections and chaos in the box. Its so gratifying to see the ball roll into the net after a frantic scramble in the penalty area. "

This is the part that makes it the most fun for me, I don't necessarily agree with the Clinical part, but the variety of goals and the way that they happen keeps me coming back for more. Literally play over 300 hours each year and still see new things in games. Not to start a FIFA argument but it seemed way too centered on my forwards/strikers to score but who when not controlled by me would drive me nuts when a ball was in the box and start heading the other way before I could take control of them. They seem to lack the "predatory instincts"(as the English announcers always say) in the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »