Home

The reason why defenders back off

This is a discussion on The reason why defenders back off within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #9
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The reason why defenders back off

I noticed the defenders backing off some, but it doesn't seem that far out of line with reality at least on the Professional level. IF they give me some room there is usually a midfielder on my butt who won't give me the time to line up a good shot. When I do shoot many times it is blocked or off target, seems accurate in that regard. It does depend on who you are playing as well, depending on where they establish their back line. In fact one of the things I noticed this year more than any other is the CPU tends to keep it's shape and doesn't get all out of sync. It's not perfect in this regard in closing down players but it's not a glaring problem for me.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
[/b]

Hmm, that is interesting, i have never created players but as i posted above the description when you go in to change existing players is wrong. I will check this out. Thanks

Sorry I wasnt clear, this was when creating the team, but I just edited the original players on the team. I made the badge and sponsor logos on Team A in other leagues 2. Then for my teams players, i didnt create new players, I just edited all the players on that team...PLAYER A1, A2, A3, etc.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:46 AM   #11
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
yeah when i play they seem to stack the middle of the 18 for me as well, and a lot of the time i have a hard time getting shots through. sometimes i see them back off a little, but they close it up once im about 25-30 yards out. and shots from 30+ yards are rare to score on.

and if i do a counter attack and am past the midfielders, the defenders do drop and give me room to run, but once i get to about 30 yards out they close down on me.

I was creating my club team over blank team A, and when i was creating the players, the response slider said closing down on loose balls etc. so i didnt see the problem?
I actually missed this yesterday. Interesting. Can someone who has the american version or the 360 version take a look at the response slider and read the description and let me know what it says.
I am on PS3 and on my version it says 'how quickly a player reaches maximum speed'.
This may be the issue, the european version or PS3 version is messed up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #12
Pro

yeah mine is the US 360 version. I double checked, it says closing down on loose balls and whatever when creating new players as well as editing players.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
yeah mine is the US 360 version. I double checked, it says closing down on loose balls and whatever when creating new players as well as editing players.
Well this explains a lot. I was wondering why people were not having too many issues with this.
This to me seems like the problem is that the response slider on yours is doing as it should whereas on the PS3 version(well certainly the european one) is not as advertised!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

Where are the 'sliders' everyone is talking about?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #15
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
Where are the 'sliders' everyone is talking about?
I believe they are taking about when you set up your team strategy in the main menu screen where you set up your formation and lineup, I think the wording of what the setting does is not clear. There isn't really sliders in the traditional sense, more like strategies for your team and how they should play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #16
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookusu
I believe they are taking about when you set up your team strategy in the main menu screen where you set up your formation and lineup, I think the wording of what the setting does is not clear. There isn't really sliders in the traditional sense, more like strategies for your team and how they should play.
So how do I get defenders to actually play defense?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »