Home

MLS OF - PES 2010 for PS3 (US version)

This is a discussion on MLS OF - PES 2010 for PS3 (US version) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #25
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLS OF - PES 2010 for PS3 (US version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by connoll3
File is out for 1.06. Quicker turnaround than I expected. Download is available here:

http://www.pesgaming.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=26
my goodness! how'd you guys do it? can't wait to get home and try it out. thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
my goodness! how'd you guys do it? can't wait to get home and try it out. thanks!
How'd it get done so quickly? Simple: I decided to trash my Saturday and spend it sitting in front of my TV/PS3.

Seriously, though, rearranging rosters took less time than I expected. 'Twas a nice surprise.

Welp, enjoy. Next update probably will come sometime after the 15th, once the transfer window closes for MLS. Feedback is welcome, too.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 16

Is the next update going to involve the "edits" to team strategies that are on the PESGAMING site?

And a HUGE thanks for doing this!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Is the next update going to involve the "edits" to team strategies that are on the PESGAMING site?

And a HUGE thanks for doing this!
Cheers.

As for team settings/styles, are you referring to the sort of stuff discussed here?:

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=76642
http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=75477

I adjusted MLS settings in accordance with some of the overall conclusions of those threads, but didn't apply strict guidelines like 'Player Support - Add 40 to each team.' Hope that makes sense.

In general, the team style stuff is a relatively new PES feature, so I'm less confident in editing it than, say, other stuff like stats. But I gave it a whirl.

I did not tinker with any of the team settings/styles outside of MLS. Nor do I really plan on doing so.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:01 AM   #30
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Great OF! A few minor things I changed. Gave a slight boost in ratings to GK's Thornton of Chivas (GK of the year), Rimando from RSL (amazing run during the playoffs and cup), and Ricketts (has high ratio of clean sheets to games started). Also boosted Donovan to be at least 80 overall. Also noticed that Chivas still have last year's jersey sponsor (Comex). Should be some company called "Extra" this year.

Also when setting up a master league, is there a way to just leave the "D2 League" at 16 teams, so it's just the MLS teams? Currently it's defaulting to 18 teams and I didn't see any way to delete the 2 extra teams.

Thanks for your hard work! It's much appreciated.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #31
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

That's great news. Thank you so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Great OF! A few minor things I changed. Gave a slight boost in ratings to GK's Thornton of Chivas (GK of the year), Rimando from RSL (amazing run during the playoffs and cup), and Ricketts (has high ratio of clean sheets to games started). Also boosted Donovan to be at least 80 overall. Also noticed that Chivas still have last year's jersey sponsor (Comex). Should be some company called "Extra" this year.

Also when setting up a master league, is there a way to just leave the "D2 League" at 16 teams, so it's just the MLS teams? Currently it's defaulting to 18 teams and I didn't see any way to delete the 2 extra teams.

Thanks for your hard work! It's much appreciated.
Yeah, we know about and are working on the new 'extra' Chivas kit PNGs. They'll be changed in an update, along with further cleaning up of kits, GKs especially.

A brief note about stats:

Generally speaking, I don't pay too much attention to a player's overall rating. In part, that's just a habit, because the overall rating is actually pretty new to the PES series.

I pay most attention to the overall when it promises to throw the depth charts significantly out of whack. So in those cases, I sometimes will edit players slightly with depth charts in mind. I guess my main point, though, is that the stats are not driven by getting a particular overall rating. I'm more interested in trying to get specific skill sets right.

Another thing: the overall rating is significantly influenced by two factors -- 1) the player's registered (ie, primary) position; and 2) whether or not the player is playing in his registered position. So, for example, just by putting Donovan at SMF will drop his overall rating, since he's registered as SS. If you register Donovan as SMF, his overall will go up, without changing any stats. Something to keep in mind.

The one position that I rely more heavily on the overall to guide player rating is for GKs. While I try to get internal attributes right, I utilize a stats ladder more explicitly with net minders. I don't have the game in front of me, but if I remember correctly, the starting MLS GKs break down something like this in terms of overalls:

Keller - 70 (ceiling for MLS GKs, imo)
Onstad & Ricketts - 66
A bunch of GKs at 63, 64, & 65 - Frei, Rimando, Reis, Thornton, etc.
Hesmer - I think 60/61
Seitz - second lowest
Dykstra - lowest

I'm relatively happy with ratings (err..if I wasn't, they'd be different), but appreciate the feedback. To a significant extent, player ratings are subjective. I have a system and a mental conception of stats that's sometimes a bit hard to explain precisely. Also, with the big swing in stats due to condition arrows, you're looking more for a range of stats than anything else. Sometimes it's difficult evaluating a player and discerning what's his baseline in comparison with, say, a good day/stretch of form.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »