Home

Total PES noob, Some Questions I Have

This is a discussion on Total PES noob, Some Questions I Have within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Total PES noob, Some Questions I Have

I've never owned a PES game. I've only played a little of it when borrowing from my friend. All of the info that has been released to this point has spiked my interest in this series to a high level. I'm considering buying PES 2011, but there are some things I wish to know first. (Numbered so one can easily answer them)

1. Are the system requirements of PES 2011 going to be signifigantly higher than 2010? I ask this because my laptop isn't exactly a powerhouse in the graphics card department, and can't run many modern games. It ran the PES 2010 demo, though.

2. Is the PC version region coded? Can I download a custom patch from someone in the UK?

3. How is the selection of Option Files for the North American PS3 version of PES 2010? I'll be renting the game in a couple of days, and am wondering what the selection is like, and if you have any recommendations. The only one I know of is Connell's MLS option file.

4. Concerning Master League, I read that the only way to start is in the bottom division. Is this true? I see people all over running Milan, Chelsea, etc. Master Leagues, so does that mean they are only running one division? Would it be possible for one to set the game up so that they start in the EPL, and have lower divisions for the bottom feeders to get relegated to?

I'm sure any other questions I have will be answered when I actually have 2010 in my hands, but those are just a few things that concern me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Total PES noob, Some Questions I Have

I'll answer the only one I know from past editions.

With Master League, There are 4 leagues, but you only play in 1. Now if you dont edit anything you start in the 2nd division of that league you chose.

If you edit/customize the league, well then you cant start wherever you want.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

1. No clue. Probably too early for this info to be floating around.

2. I'm not 100% sure, but don't think there's a region code on the PC.

3. It's ok. Browse here: http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=300. The files by Gunner11, geohds, and Pelegrini90 probably are the best options. Added note: option files need to match up with DLC for compatibility.

4. As miget33 notes, you can edit the Master League so that you start in either a top division or a 2nd tier.

Last edited by connoll3; 07-02-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

So I assume I have a choice over which DLC I download?

Also, major thanks to both of you guys.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
So I assume I have a choice over which DLC I download?
Actually, probably not. I think you more or less have a choice of DLC or no DLC at this point. If you go to download the DLC today, I think it'll update you directly to the latest version (1.07).

I mention this because some of the OF makers haven't yet put out versions that would be compatible with 1.07.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by connoll3
Actually, probably not. I think you more or less have a choice of DLC or no DLC at this point. If you go to download the DLC today, I think it'll update you directly to the latest version (1.07).

I mention this because some of the OF makers haven't yet put out versions that would be compatible with 1.07.
Ok, thanks for the help.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox

2. Is the PC version region coded? Can I download a custom patch from someone in the UK?

No and yes you can download patches from anywhere. If you have a PC that is powerful enough it's the only way to go IMO. I've been playing the PC version since WE7. I've also purchased a few "shady copies" on Ebay for a significantly lower price. The only drawback is that you can't play online, which I don't anyway.

There is a huge mod/option file crowd and multiple sites to download them from. It does take a little work and you'll need to download a few apps to implement patches, but they are well worth it. I've added patches over the years that make my game look completely different from the retail version. In PES6 I had new overlays, leagues, teams, players, boots, and hundreds of match balls to select from as well as over 300 stadiums. The community is that good.

There are also multiple editing apps available. I've always downloaded the latest player editor which allows you to do global edits. Meaning lower the overall speed, acceleration, and/or sprint ratings of the entire database if you feel the gamespeed is too fast. I've also edited passing and shooting accuracy in the past. This tool allows you to basically create any game you want in just minutes.

3. How is the selection of Option Files for the North American PS3 version of PES 2010? I'll be renting the game in a couple of days, and am wondering what the selection is like, and if you have any recommendations. The only one I know of is Connell's MLS option file.

I always thought that the PS3 was region free so any OF would work. No?
Responses in bold. Good luck.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #8
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Responses in bold. Good luck.
Thanks for the detailed response.

Pretty sure the PS3 is region coded. But I wasn't kidding when I used the adjective total, I have no idea what I'm doing with this game.

Glad to hear the community is that good, things like stadiums, balls, and overlays are what I was looking for in the PC version that I couldn't get in the console versions.

Would you mind posting/PM'ing your system specs? I'd like to know where I stand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »